JoAnne Epps Nominated for University Provost
JoAnne A. Epps of Temple University Beasley School of Law has been nominated by Temple University President Neil D. Theobald as the university's new executive vice president and provost. She is currently the Dean of Temple University Beasley School of Law. Her appointment is subject to approval by Temple's Board of Trustees.
"JoAnne's impeccable record in teaching, student success, diversity and social justice, coupled with her longstanding commitment to Temple and the City of Philadelphia, makes her ideally suited for this important leadership role," said President Theobald.
Dean Epps joined Temple University as a faculty member in 1985 and became law school dean in 2008. Earlier this year, she received the 2016 Spirit of Excellence Award from the ABA recognizing distinguished lawyers who foster a more racially and ethnically diverse legal profession. An ALI member since 1996, Dean Epps currently serves on the Member Consultative Group for the Model Penal Code: Sentencing project.
- Available now, “The Restatement and Beyond: The Past, Present, and Future of U.S. Foreign Relations Law.” Edited by… https://t.co/hrjii8dsYT@AmLawInstSep 24
- Now available on The ALI Adviser, @JayFeinman of @RutgersLaw provides "A User’s Guide to the Restatement of the Law… https://t.co/loNjEew8A5@AmLawInstSep 22
- ALI member Paul B. Stephan of @UVALaw has been appointed special counsel to the general counsel of the U.S. Departm… https://t.co/I9X8A3VCyF@AmLawInstSep 22
- ALI member Christiane Wendehorst of the @univienna and president of @ELI_Secretariat has joined the new Global Part… https://t.co/paAGVr7YpM@AmLawInstSep 21
- We mourn the loss of U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, legal icon and trailblazing advocate… https://t.co/QKm7AnoeKo@AmLawInstSep 19