JoAnne Epps Nominated for University Provost
JoAnne A. Epps of Temple University Beasley School of Law has been nominated by Temple University President Neil D. Theobald as the university's new executive vice president and provost. She is currently the Dean of Temple University Beasley School of Law. Her appointment is subject to approval by Temple's Board of Trustees.
"JoAnne's impeccable record in teaching, student success, diversity and social justice, coupled with her longstanding commitment to Temple and the City of Philadelphia, makes her ideally suited for this important leadership role," said President Theobald.
Dean Epps joined Temple University as a faculty member in 1985 and became law school dean in 2008. Earlier this year, she received the 2016 Spirit of Excellence Award from the ABA recognizing distinguished lawyers who foster a more racially and ethnically diverse legal profession. An ALI member since 1996, Dean Epps currently serves on the Member Consultative Group for the Model Penal Code: Sentencing project.
- Mildred Robinson @UVALaw receives the Armstead Robinson Faculty Award for her contributions to diversity, equity an… https://t.co/GYiDJJOrik@AmLawInstJun 24
- Pamela S. Karlan @StanfordLaw and @EllenRosenblum are recipients of this year’s Margaret Brent Award for their achi… https://t.co/EKei2hiPsV@AmLawInstJun 23
- . @stone_geoffrey is a co-editor on the recently published book National Security, Leaks & Freedom of the Press, exa… https://t.co/Bi49kBzdII@AmLawInstJun 22
- . @SEC_News announced the appointments of Renee M. Jones @BCLAW as Director of the Division of Corporation Finance a… https://t.co/pGW5ao5SV8@AmLawInstJun 21
- Judge Jack Weinstein, 99, an ALI member for 50 years, died yesterday at his home in Great Neck, NY.… https://t.co/Xrk4QPVfKj@AmLawInstJun 16