Equal Justice Works to Honor Laura Stein
Laura Stein of The Clorox Company is being presented with the Scales of Justice Award from Equal Justice Works in recognition of her commitment to public service.
Equal Justice Works presents the Scales of Justice Award annually to a leader in the legal community who exemplifies a high-level of commitment to public service and a passion for equal justice; has advanced the organization’s mission and vision throughout their career; and has set a strong example for what lawyers and legal professionals can and should do to contribute to efforts in the public interest and toward greater access to justice for all.
“Throughout my career, I’ve always been passionate about access to justice,” said Ms. Stein. “Receiving an award like this from Equal Justice Works is especially meaningful because of the important work they do connecting lawyers with people who need legal services and our shared commitment to giving a voice to all and promoting lasting change in underserved communities.”
Ms. Stein will be presented with the Scales of Justice Award at the 2020 Equal Justice Works Annual Dinner in Washington, D.C., on October 13, 2020.
Read more here.
- #SCOTUS cites Restatement Second of Judgments in Pereida v. Wilkins, holding that “certain nonpermanent aliens seek… https://t.co/WQMK0pDtej@AmLawInstMar 5
- Written in collaboration with the late Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, ALI member @profamandatyler of @BerkeleyLaw has… https://t.co/0ESXqn5Llx@AmLawInstMar 4
- Learn more about our joint project with @ELI_Secretariat, Principles for a Data Economy, on the newly launched webs… https://t.co/qiRCkj6iCL@AmLawInstMar 4
- This Friday, March 5, the @bwln_nyu is hosting its 2021 symposium on Politics, Power, and Women’s Leadership. The e… https://t.co/ZiocMnsyC8@AmLawInstMar 4
- ALI member @brandonlgarrett of @DukeLaw has written “Autopsy of a Crime Lab: Exposing the Flaws in Forensics.” The… https://t.co/VD0Lq4LNUi@AmLawInstMar 3