Evan Chesler Profiled by The Litigation Daily
The Litigation Daily recently recognized Cravath Chairman Evan R. Chesler for his involvement, and victory, serving as counsel for American Express in its antitrust fight.
During his decades-long career at Cravath, including six years as presiding partner, Mr. Chesler has tried more than 50 cases across practice areas and handled over 70 appeals. However, until AmEx, he had never argued before the U.S. Supreme Court. Mr. Chesler represented AmEx from the beginning of the Justice Department’s investigation into credit card company “antisteering” rules and worked tirelessly to secure a win. In June, the U.S. Supreme Court ruled in Ohio et al. v. American Express that antisteering provisions do not violate federal law.
Cravath has a mandatory retirement age of 65 and Mr. Chesler will turn 69 later this month but shows no signs of slowing down. “I certainly don’t have any present intention” of retiring, he said. “It’s the best way to go through life, doing something you love.”
Read the full article here[Subscription Required].
- Charitable Nonprofits project is in session. Project participants discuss solicitation, restrictions on charitable… https://t.co/BxZCnnarZu@AmLawInstSep 21
- Watch “ALI’s Drafting Process Educating the Next Generation of Lawyers” @jill_horwitz@UCLA_Lawhttps://t.co/Qn3udmOcQp@AmLawInstSep 20
- A quote from our 1st Director, William Draper Lewis: “The preparation of an adequate Restatement of any Subject is… https://t.co/yhc5syWNMO@AmLawInstSep 20
- Read "Decarceration Strategies: How 5 States Achieved Substantial Prison Population Reductions" on The ALI Adviser https://t.co/J0x0h6jiXt@AmLawInstSep 20
- As we continue our project meetings this fall we want to share some information about the important work that takes… https://t.co/7faFKELh4T@AmLawInstSep 19