Forum on Academic Free Speech
Duke University will host a public conference exploring the tensions between academic free speech and campus civility. The Provost Forum on Inquiry, Expression and Community in the University will include discussions about campus protests and how pursuit of knowledge can promote other values. The forum will consist of activists, scholars, law enforcement officers, and experts.
ALI President David F. Levi of Duke Law School and UC Berkeley School of Law dean Erwin Chemerinsky are among the featured speakers for the panel Academic Freedom and the Mission of the University. The forum will take place on March 1.
Learn more about the Provost Forum.
- Ward Farnsworth of @UTexasLaw speaks on collective thought and the drafting of a Restatement in The ALI Reporter.… https://t.co/grMzqi1E3b@AmLawInstFeb 19
- Off from work today? Kick back and listen to an episode of #ReasonablySpeaking. ALI’s new podcast takes you through… https://t.co/Y1Kdr3mHoR@AmLawInstFeb 18
- Meeting next week, Principles for a Data Economy studies, identifies, and collates the existing and potential legal… https://t.co/yDlF7FMc1B@AmLawInstFeb 15
- Now streaming - Death penalty expert @brandonlgarrett of @DukeLaw talks about the revealing details of his data col… https://t.co/BdcVcVBqaL@AmLawInstFeb 14
- William Kidder @CRPatUCLA discusses the major challenges faced by U.S. colleges and universities in the prevention… https://t.co/yUyxjKvqK7@AmLawInstFeb 14