Forum on Academic Free Speech
Duke University will host a public conference exploring the tensions between academic free speech and campus civility. The Provost Forum on Inquiry, Expression and Community in the University will include discussions about campus protests and how pursuit of knowledge can promote other values. The forum will consist of activists, scholars, law enforcement officers, and experts.
ALI President David F. Levi of Duke Law School and UC Berkeley School of Law dean Erwin Chemerinsky are among the featured speakers for the panel Academic Freedom and the Mission of the University. The forum will take place on March 1.
Learn more about the Provost Forum.
- Read more on the press release issued today by the U.S. Department of Education on The ALI Adviser. https://t.co/SKFoHyZwNe@AmLawInstNov 16
- Day 2 of the Student Sexual Misconduct Principles meeting with Reporter Vicki Jackson @Harvard_Law and Associate Re… https://t.co/7D7svcf1h6@AmLawInstNov 16
- No #snowday for our project participants at today’s Student Sexual Misconduct Meeting. Moving along Day 1 of this 2… https://t.co/bTLvHKk1bD@AmLawInstNov 15
- #TBT to last week’s Restatement Third, Conflict of Laws meeting. Joining the discussion were several Reporters /Cha… https://t.co/ahact5w1kB@AmLawInstNov 15
- CU Boulder American Indian Law Clinic Wants North Dakota's Reservation voters to be heard. Read more on The ALI Adv… https://t.co/qKflf6cAHm@AmLawInstNov 15