Forum on Academic Free Speech
Duke University will host a public conference exploring the tensions between academic free speech and campus civility. The Provost Forum on Inquiry, Expression and Community in the University will include discussions about campus protests and how pursuit of knowledge can promote other values. The forum will consist of activists, scholars, law enforcement officers, and experts.
ALI President David F. Levi of Duke Law School and UC Berkeley School of Law dean Erwin Chemerinsky are among the featured speakers for the panel Academic Freedom and the Mission of the University. The forum will take place on March 1.
Learn more about the Provost Forum.
- Kenneth Frazier’s New York Times Interview https://t.co/f9XT9VXU9t@AmLawInstFeb 22
- Supporting graduate student survivors of sexual misconduct https://t.co/oa92ZVfYl0@AmLawInstFeb 22
- Not-for-Profit Compliance: Doing More With Less - The ALI Adviser https://t.co/XzdaMdn9jV@AmLawInstFeb 21
- Kenneth Gallant Named Ben J. Altheimer Professor of Law https://t.co/vdoYiOXsUe@AmLawInstFeb 21
- The 95th Annual Meeting will be held at The Ritz-Carlton in Washington, DC. May 21-23 https://t.co/l1prITxrUjhttps://t.co/bMHbCATDHp@AmLawInstFeb 15