Forum on Academic Free Speech
Duke University will host a public conference exploring the tensions between academic free speech and campus civility. The Provost Forum on Inquiry, Expression and Community in the University will include discussions about campus protests and how pursuit of knowledge can promote other values. The forum will consist of activists, scholars, law enforcement officers, and experts.
ALI President David F. Levi of Duke Law School and UC Berkeley School of Law dean Erwin Chemerinsky are among the featured speakers for the panel Academic Freedom and the Mission of the University. The forum will take place on March 1.
Learn more about the Provost Forum.
- Margaret Marshall @ChoateLLP speaks with the project reporters about the importance of age determination throughout… https://t.co/5c0haN46tq@AmLawInstMay 23
- Project Reporter @SetonHallLaw Maldonado responds to comments on parental authority and responsibility for medical… https://t.co/KTa8g2S5gl@AmLawInstMay 23
- Neil Cohen @brooklynlaw comments on parents' duty to provide reasonable economic support from a legal perspective,… https://t.co/MELuxbrAyq@AmLawInstMay 23
- Our final #ALI95 project is the Restatement of Children and the Law. On the dais, @ColumbiaLaw Scott,… https://t.co/chaXFBWa3u@AmLawInstMay 23
- We are proud to welcome Bryan Stevenson @eji_org. Advises that lawyers must be close to the problems to do effectiv… https://t.co/RKnpXlFXeE@AmLawInstMay 23