Democracy in the Balance
This Thursday, April 26, former Deputy Attorney General Sally Yates will host the discussion forum “Democracy in the Balance: The Essential Role of Democratic Institutions and Norms” to discuss the rule of law, a free press, and an independent judiciary at Georgetown Law Center.
The event will feature panel discussions exploring current challenges to longstanding democratic institutions and norms in the United States.
Georgetown Law Center Dean William M. Treanor will provide the opening remarks. John B. Bellinger III of Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer and Donald B. Verrilli Jr. of Munger, Tolles & Olson will be featured on the Rule of Law Panel. Paul L. Friedman of the U.S. Court for the District of Columbia, Timothy K. Lewis of Schnader Harrison Segal, and retired D.C. Circuit Chief Judge Patricia Wald will be featured on the Independent Judiciary Panel.
For event details visit Georgetown Law.
- In a recent article for Law360 Access to Justice, @ANatapoff of @UCILaw examines the misdemeanor process in the U.S… https://t.co/kk8J2c4Q22@AmLawInstJun 19
- Watch Retired #SCOTUS Associate Justice Anthony M. Kennedy’s full remarks upon receiving ALI's Henry J. Friendly Me… https://t.co/GGSpSsRDLT@AmLawInstJun 19
- #SCOTUS opinion in Gamble v. United States cites Restatement 4th of Foreign Relations Law § 481 and Restatement 2nd… https://t.co/tamGUHav6Z@AmLawInstJun 18
- Nonprofits project Adviser Andrew Grumet @DrinkerBiddle talks with Patrick Rooney @IUPhilanthropy about charitable… https://t.co/JaaNsXdPfG@AmLawInstJun 18
- At this year’s #ALI96 Annual Meeting, ALI membership voted to approve Principles of Data Privacy, marking the compl… https://t.co/k9I2nA5tN3@AmLawInstJun 14