Democracy in the Balance
This Thursday, April 26, former Deputy Attorney General Sally Yates will host the discussion forum “Democracy in the Balance: The Essential Role of Democratic Institutions and Norms” to discuss the rule of law, a free press, and an independent judiciary at Georgetown Law Center.
The event will feature panel discussions exploring current challenges to longstanding democratic institutions and norms in the United States.
Georgetown Law Center Dean William M. Treanor will provide the opening remarks. John B. Bellinger III of Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer and Donald B. Verrilli Jr. of Munger, Tolles & Olson will be featured on the Rule of Law Panel. Paul L. Friedman of the U.S. Court for the District of Columbia, Timothy K. Lewis of Schnader Harrison Segal, and retired D.C. Circuit Chief Judge Patricia Wald will be featured on the Independent Judiciary Panel.
For event details visit Georgetown Law.
- John Lovett of @LOYNOLAW discusses “The International Reach of the Restatement (Third) Property: Servitudes” on The… https://t.co/dVz2nheNKs@AmLawInstDec 12
- ALI member Nancy Kim @CWSL_News will be presenting a talk on “Social and Business Problems Created by Ubiquitous Wr… https://t.co/ogsjKTEo5M@AmLawInstDec 6
- #AmericasTownHall continues with ALI member John S. Cooke of the Federal Judicial Center moderating a conversation… https://t.co/RejyFzm3ID@AmLawInstDec 5
- Christopher Slobogin of @vanderbiltlaw and @Laura_K_Donohue of @GeorgetownLaw join @RosenJeffrey for this morning's… https://t.co/ul6MWRNFoz@AmLawInstDec 5
- Today’s #AmericasTownHall discussion at the @ConstitutionCtr, “The Fourth Amendment and Privacy: Historical Perspec… https://t.co/FNNQiY7T9o@AmLawInstDec 5