Democracy in the Balance
This Thursday, April 26, former Deputy Attorney General Sally Yates will host the discussion forum “Democracy in the Balance: The Essential Role of Democratic Institutions and Norms” to discuss the rule of law, a free press, and an independent judiciary at Georgetown Law Center.
The event will feature panel discussions exploring current challenges to longstanding democratic institutions and norms in the United States.
Georgetown Law Center Dean William M. Treanor will provide the opening remarks. John B. Bellinger III of Arnold & Porter Kaye Scholer and Donald B. Verrilli Jr. of Munger, Tolles & Olson will be featured on the Rule of Law Panel. Paul L. Friedman of the U.S. Court for the District of Columbia, Timothy K. Lewis of Schnader Harrison Segal, and retired D.C. Circuit Chief Judge Patricia Wald will be featured on the Independent Judiciary Panel.
For event details visit Georgetown Law.
- Benjamin Lerner of Pennsylvania Court of Common Pleas (Retired) received the 2023 Alumni Impact Award from @pennlaw… https://t.co/qTl0t1vJq4@AmLawInstMay 26
- The Annual Meeting is adjourned. Thank you to our members for their unwavering dedication to the integrity of the I… https://t.co/MV4Usfluci@AmLawInstMay 24
- ALI membership votes to approve Principles of the Law, Government Ethics, marking the completion of this project. T… https://t.co/8jlZCothJQ@AmLawInstMay 24
- The last project session of this year’s Annual Meeting is Principles of the Law, Government Ethics w/ Reporters Ric… https://t.co/UwM3bcXrB3@AmLawInstMay 24
- ALI President Emeritus Roberta Cooper Ramo shares her concern of the removal of compassion in legal representation… https://t.co/wpKxLGpTv8@AmLawInstMay 24