Garry Jenkins Is the Next President of Bates College
Bates College has announced that Garry W. Jenkins will serve as its next president. He will be the school’s ninth president and its first black president. Jenkins will transition to this role from the University of Minnesota Law School where he has been dean since 2016.
“I am overjoyed to join the Bates community as the college’s next president. Bates is a remarkable institution that is exceptionally well-positioned for the future,” said Jenkins in the announcement. “Even among the nation’s very best liberal arts colleges, Bates stands out for its illustrious history, academic excellence, vibrant and supportive community, innovative spirit, authentic relationship with its hometown, and the talent and dedication of its people. Simply put, everything about Bates and its culture resonates with me.”
Prior to joining Minnesota Law School, Jenkins was a professor of law at Ohio State University Moritz College of Law, where he served as associate dean for academic affairs for eight years.
Jenkins will begin his role as president on July 1.
- Robert H. Mundheim @ShearmanLaw received an honorary Doctor of Laws degree from the University of Arizona James E.… https://t.co/YkNyeG5DNC@AmLawInstJun 13
- Stephen Vladeck @UTexasLaw has authored ‘The Shadow Docket: How the Supreme Court Uses Stealth Rules to Amass Power… https://t.co/vW64EBhRDX@AmLawInstJun 9
- . @BatesCollege has announced Garry W. Jenkins as its next president. https://t.co/K0D70H1Y1Dhttps://t.co/13lQcm6idXhttps://t.co/rUhvR8H24H@AmLawInstJun 7
- OIRA Administrator and former ALI Director Richard L. Revesz was profiled by @nytimes on his recent position and wo… https://t.co/HtuNPkklzz@AmLawInstJun 1
- David D. Meyer has been chosen as the new President and Joseph Crea Dean of @brooklynlaw. https://t.co/tB0SRzO2Fi… https://t.co/lNHi0uFrUp@AmLawInstMay 30