Gerard Lynch Receives Learned Hand Medal
Judge Lynch with Vilia B. Hayes, President of the Federal Bar Council and a partner at Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
ALI member Gerard E. Lynch of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit has been awarded the Federal Bar Council’s Learned Hand Medal for Excellence in Federal Jurisprudence. The award was presented at the Council’s Annual Law Day Dinner, held on May 3rd in New York City.
Previous honorees include several U.S. Supreme Court Justices, as well as ALI members José A. Cabranes, Lewis A. Kaplan, Robert A. Katzmann, Amalya L. Kearse, Pierre N. Leval, Michael B. Mukasey, Jon O. Newman, Barrington D. Parker Jr., Richard A. Posner, John M. Walker, Jr., and Jack B. Weinstein.
- On the ALI Adviser: This Essay aims to translate federal Indian law and the success of McGirt in order to demonstra… https://t.co/1iJjla9hFY@AmLawInstSep 26
- . @MasonLEC ‘Civil Justice Preview of the Supreme Court’s 2021-2022 Term’ is happening now. John Beisner… https://t.co/EKA4zXjxQv@AmLawInstSep 24
- Michael E. Keasler, retired judge of the @TxCourts of Criminal Appeals, is the 2021 recipient of the… https://t.co/a8MKiXeHVt@AmLawInstSep 24
- Watch ALI President David F. Levi's remarks honoring ALI Council Emeritus Mary Kay Kane. https://t.co/4cyEalC82X@AmLawInstSep 24
- . @POTUS has nominated Kristin N. Johnson @EmoryLaw for Commissioner of @CFTC. https://t.co/B0AhHmHlhbhttps://t.co/HDFvKnG3iZ@AmLawInstSep 23