Gerard Lynch Receives Learned Hand Medal
Judge Lynch with Vilia B. Hayes, President of the Federal Bar Council and a partner at Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
ALI member Gerard E. Lynch of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit has been awarded the Federal Bar Council’s Learned Hand Medal for Excellence in Federal Jurisprudence. The award was presented at the Council’s Annual Law Day Dinner, held on May 3rd in New York City.
Previous honorees include several U.S. Supreme Court Justices, as well as ALI members José A. Cabranes, Lewis A. Kaplan, Robert A. Katzmann, Amalya L. Kearse, Pierre N. Leval, Michael B. Mukasey, Jon O. Newman, Barrington D. Parker Jr., Richard A. Posner, John M. Walker, Jr., and Jack B. Weinstein.
- Stephen Vladeck @UTexasLaw has authored ‘The Shadow Docket: How the Supreme Court Uses Stealth Rules to Amass Power… https://t.co/vW64EBhRDX@AmLawInstJun 9
- . @BatesCollege has announced Garry W. Jenkins as its next president. https://t.co/K0D70H1Y1Dhttps://t.co/13lQcm6idXhttps://t.co/rUhvR8H24H@AmLawInstJun 7
- OIRA Administrator and former ALI Director Richard L. Revesz was profiled by @nytimes on his recent position and wo… https://t.co/HtuNPkklzz@AmLawInstJun 1
- David D. Meyer has been chosen as the new President and Joseph Crea Dean of @brooklynlaw. https://t.co/tB0SRzO2Fi… https://t.co/lNHi0uFrUp@AmLawInstMay 30
- Benjamin Lerner of Pennsylvania Court of Common Pleas (Retired) received the 2023 Alumni Impact Award from @pennlaw… https://t.co/qTl0t1vJq4@AmLawInstMay 26