Gerard Lynch Receives Learned Hand Medal
Judge Lynch with Vilia B. Hayes, President of the Federal Bar Council and a partner at Hughes Hubbard & Reed LLP
ALI member Gerard E. Lynch of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit has been awarded the Federal Bar Council’s Learned Hand Medal for Excellence in Federal Jurisprudence. The award was presented at the Council’s Annual Law Day Dinner, held on May 3rd in New York City.
Previous honorees include several U.S. Supreme Court Justices, as well as ALI members José A. Cabranes, Lewis A. Kaplan, Robert A. Katzmann, Amalya L. Kearse, Pierre N. Leval, Michael B. Mukasey, Jon O. Newman, Barrington D. Parker Jr., Richard A. Posner, John M. Walker, Jr., and Jack B. Weinstein.
- In a recent article for Law360 Access to Justice, @ANatapoff of @UCILaw examines the misdemeanor process in the U.S… https://t.co/kk8J2c4Q22@AmLawInstJun 19
- Watch Retired #SCOTUS Associate Justice Anthony M. Kennedy’s full remarks upon receiving ALI's Henry J. Friendly Me… https://t.co/GGSpSsRDLT@AmLawInstJun 19
- #SCOTUS opinion in Gamble v. United States cites Restatement 4th of Foreign Relations Law § 481 and Restatement 2nd… https://t.co/tamGUHav6Z@AmLawInstJun 18
- Nonprofits project Adviser Andrew Grumet @DrinkerBiddle talks with Patrick Rooney @IUPhilanthropy about charitable… https://t.co/JaaNsXdPfG@AmLawInstJun 18
- At this year’s #ALI96 Annual Meeting, ALI membership voted to approve Principles of Data Privacy, marking the compl… https://t.co/k9I2nA5tN3@AmLawInstJun 14