Herman Schwartz Honored with Symposium
On Sept. 27, American University Washington College of Law hosted “A Global Lawyer: Celebrating the Contributions of Herman Schwartz to the Rule of Law.” The symposium highlighted the contributions Emeritus Professor Herman Schwartz has made to the legal community over the course of his distinguished career. The event also included general discussion about the progress made in civil and human rights over the past 50 years; addressing topics such as prison reform, comparative constitutionalism, voting rights, and human rights in Israel.
Other ALI members at the event included Dean Camille A. Nelson and Claudio Grossman of American University, Washington College of Law, William E. Hellerstein of Brooklyn Law School, and Vicki C. Jackson of Harvard Law School.
From the symposium agenda:
Professor Emeritus Herman Schwartz’s distinguished career has focused attention on the cause of human rights, civil liberties, and the rule of law. From the UN to Helsinki Watch, and from Israel and Eastern Europe to the United States, his work on emerging democracies, constitutional reform, and rule of law has inspired a generation of students, scholars, and practitioners to engage in this important work.
Watch a full video of the symposium below.
- John Lovett of @LOYNOLAW discusses “The International Reach of the Restatement (Third) Property: Servitudes” on The… https://t.co/dVz2nheNKs@AmLawInstDec 12
- ALI member Nancy Kim @CWSL_News will be presenting a talk on “Social and Business Problems Created by Ubiquitous Wr… https://t.co/ogsjKTEo5M@AmLawInstDec 6
- #AmericasTownHall continues with ALI member John S. Cooke of the Federal Judicial Center moderating a conversation… https://t.co/RejyFzm3ID@AmLawInstDec 5
- Christopher Slobogin of @vanderbiltlaw and @Laura_K_Donohue of @GeorgetownLaw join @RosenJeffrey for this morning's… https://t.co/ul6MWRNFoz@AmLawInstDec 5
- Today’s #AmericasTownHall discussion at the @ConstitutionCtr, “The Fourth Amendment and Privacy: Historical Perspec… https://t.co/FNNQiY7T9o@AmLawInstDec 5