Jacqueline Nguyen To Serve as Distinguished Judge in Residence
This month, Jacqueline Nguyen of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit joins Duke Law as part of the Bolch Judicial Institute’s Distinguished Judge in Residence program.
The Bolch Judicial Institute’s Distinguished Judge in Residence program brings outstanding judges to Duke Law School to interact with students and faculty. As part of her residency, she will attend a course taught by Professor Sara S. Beale, meet with students in the Asian Pacific American Student Law Association, and join ALI President and Director of the Bolch Judicial Institute David F. Levi for a lunch hour discussion about her career and time on the bench.
“What an honor it is to welcome Judge Nguyen as our Distinguished Judge in Residence,” said Levi. “She is an accomplished judge and leader in the legal community. We are so pleased that she is willing to share her time and experiences with our faculty and students.”
Judge Nguyen was confirmed to the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit on May 7, 2012, and received her commission on May 14, 2012. She is the first Asian American woman to serve on a federal court of appeals. Prior to her confirmation to the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, Judge Nguyen was the first Asian American woman to serve as a district judge on the United States District Court for the Central District of California.
Learn more here.
- President Biden has announced his intent to nominate ALI member Christopher Schroeder for Assistant Attorney Genera… https://t.co/JDpSucT1zq@AmLawInstApr 15
- President Biden has announced his intent to nominate ALI member Anne Milgram for Administrator of the Drug Enforcem… https://t.co/r3dAE62EOI@AmLawInstApr 14
- Henry E. Smith and John C.P. Goldberg @Harvard_Law discuss the connection property torts has to both Restatements o… https://t.co/7rqHgpADZl@AmLawInstApr 12
- Margaret Marshall @ChoateLLP, ALI Council Emeritus and former Mass. Supreme Judicial Court chief justice, to receiv… https://t.co/rEHuMwSYpg@AmLawInstApr 10
- ALI Council member Mariano-Florentino Cuéllar of the California Supreme Court will join a panel discussion with ALI… https://t.co/agpeeIMSzL@AmLawInstApr 9