John G. Levi Honored With Champion of Justice Award
John G. Levi of Sidley Austin was honored with the “Champion of Justice Award” at the 2019 Legal Aid Chicago Luncheon, presented by Illinois Governor J.B. Pritzker.
Mr. Levi was commended for the significant impact he has made as Chairman of the Board of the Legal Services Corporation (LSC).
In his remarks at the luncheon, Mr. Levi underscored the necessity of legal aid support both in Chicago and throughout the United States. He stated, “this crisis in access to justice for low-income Americans is happening on our watch. Leaving this many people out to fend for themselves seriously erodes confidence in the fairness of our justice system and ultimately, in my view, jeopardizes the rule of law. Equal justice is not charity.”
A transcript of Mr. Levi’s remarks is available on the LSC website.
- Mildred Robinson @UVALaw receives the Armstead Robinson Faculty Award for her contributions to diversity, equity an… https://t.co/GYiDJJOrik@AmLawInstJun 24
- Pamela S. Karlan @StanfordLaw and @EllenRosenblum are recipients of this year’s Margaret Brent Award for their achi… https://t.co/EKei2hiPsV@AmLawInstJun 23
- . @stone_geoffrey is a co-editor on the recently published book National Security, Leaks & Freedom of the Press, exa… https://t.co/Bi49kBzdII@AmLawInstJun 22
- . @SEC_News announced the appointments of Renee M. Jones @BCLAW as Director of the Division of Corporation Finance a… https://t.co/pGW5ao5SV8@AmLawInstJun 21
- Judge Jack Weinstein, 99, an ALI member for 50 years, died yesterday at his home in Great Neck, NY.… https://t.co/Xrk4QPVfKj@AmLawInstJun 16