John Roberts and Free Speech: A Report on the Roberts Court’s First Amendment Jurisprudence
On Oct. 12, the CATO Institute held a forum on “John Roberts: Mr. First Amendment,” the first comprehensive report on Chief Justice of the United States John Roberts Jr.. In addition to its in-depth look at Chief Justice Roberts, the study provides a detailed look at the cases, the justices’ differing approaches, and lawyers who have played key roles in influencing the Court.
The event featured study authors Ronald Collins of University of Washington School of Law (Retired) and David L. Hudson Jr. of Belmont University College of Law, in conversation with ALI member Lyrissa Lidsky of the University of Missouri School of Law, Robert Corn‐Revere of Davis Wright Tremain, and Ilya Shapiro of the CATO Institute.
Learn more here and watch the full video below.
- This Tues., March 2, @lawfareblog and @BrookingsInst are hosting a webinar to discuss the new report, “If It’s Brok… https://t.co/3iyD2yL93N@AmLawInstFeb 27
- President Biden has nominated ALI Council member Anton G. Hajjar to serve on the governing board of the United Stat… https://t.co/HPMFeWigpa@AmLawInstFeb 26
- This month, @DukeLaw welcomes ALI member Jacqueline Nguyen of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit as part… https://t.co/NWpnWoZUSx@AmLawInstFeb 25
- ALI member @daniellecitron was recently interviewed by @UVALaw about her work in #cybersecurity and digital privacy… https://t.co/rwELfXVC2O@AmLawInstFeb 24
- Today is our 98th birthday! Learn more about our history and the story of our founding by visiting… https://t.co/CTTPxIyF5P@AmLawInstFeb 23