John Roberts and Free Speech: A Report on the Roberts Court’s First Amendment Jurisprudence
On Oct. 12, the CATO Institute held a forum on “John Roberts: Mr. First Amendment,” the first comprehensive report on Chief Justice of the United States John Roberts Jr.. In addition to its in-depth look at Chief Justice Roberts, the study provides a detailed look at the cases, the justices’ differing approaches, and lawyers who have played key roles in influencing the Court.
The event featured study authors Ronald Collins of University of Washington School of Law (Retired) and David L. Hudson Jr. of Belmont University College of Law, in conversation with ALI member Lyrissa Lidsky of the University of Missouri School of Law, Robert Corn‐Revere of Davis Wright Tremain, and Ilya Shapiro of the CATO Institute.
Learn more here and watch the full video below.
- ALI Council's Jan. meeting finishes today. In order for any portion of a project draft to be fully approved and the… https://t.co/D18iI9TSd1@AmLawInstJan 21
- In one week, ALI member Kristin Nicole Henning @GeorgetownLaw will discuss her book 'The Rage of Innocence: How Ame… https://t.co/ZdW9Inv0Sa@AmLawInstJan 21
- Patricia Lee Refo @SWLawNews was awarded the Medal of Honor from @worldjurist for her work promoting the rule of la… https://t.co/GIReq0oFJH@AmLawInstJan 21
- Today's ALI Council meeting includes project discussions on Model Penal Code: Sexual Assault, Policing, Property,… https://t.co/usrEXqSOHJ@AmLawInstJan 20
- M. Elizabeth Magill has been nominated as the ninth president of @penn. A full vote on Magill’s nomination will tak… https://t.co/ZFtjJhNPAp@AmLawInstJan 20