Joshua Geltzer Joins Biden Administration as Special Advisor
Joshua A. Geltzer will join the Biden administration as Special Assistant to the President and Special Advisor to the Homeland Security Advisor on Countering Domestic Violent Extremism. In this role, Professor Geltzer will oversee the National Security Council’s review of policy to determine whether the government can better share information or take other steps to mitigate the threat of domestic violent extremism.
Professor Geltzer, who served as Executive Director of the Institute for Constitutional Advocacy and Protection at Georgetown Law, previously held the position of Senior Director for Counterterrorism and Deputy Legal Advisor at the National Security Council and as Counsel to the Assistant Attorney General for National Security at the U.S. Department of Justice.
Read a statement from the White House on the new initiative here.
- ALI Council's Jan. meeting finishes today. In order for any portion of a project draft to be fully approved and the… https://t.co/D18iI9TSd1@AmLawInstJan 21
- In one week, ALI member Kristin Nicole Henning @GeorgetownLaw will discuss her book 'The Rage of Innocence: How Ame… https://t.co/ZdW9Inv0Sa@AmLawInstJan 21
- Patricia Lee Refo @SWLawNews was awarded the Medal of Honor from @worldjurist for her work promoting the rule of la… https://t.co/GIReq0oFJH@AmLawInstJan 21
- Today's ALI Council meeting includes project discussions on Model Penal Code: Sexual Assault, Policing, Property,… https://t.co/usrEXqSOHJ@AmLawInstJan 20
- M. Elizabeth Magill has been nominated as the ninth president of @penn. A full vote on Magill’s nomination will tak… https://t.co/ZFtjJhNPAp@AmLawInstJan 20