Joshua Geltzer Joins Biden Administration as Special Advisor
Joshua A. Geltzer will join the Biden administration as Special Assistant to the President and Special Advisor to the Homeland Security Advisor on Countering Domestic Violent Extremism. In this role, Professor Geltzer will oversee the National Security Council’s review of policy to determine whether the government can better share information or take other steps to mitigate the threat of domestic violent extremism.
Professor Geltzer, who served as Executive Director of the Institute for Constitutional Advocacy and Protection at Georgetown Law, previously held the position of Senior Director for Counterterrorism and Deputy Legal Advisor at the National Security Council and as Counsel to the Assistant Attorney General for National Security at the U.S. Department of Justice.
Read a statement from the White House on the new initiative here.
- Samuel Bray @NDLaw has been appointed the John N. Matthews Professor of Law at Notre Dame Law School.… https://t.co/blKn8uqdMF@AmLawInstDec 2
- Jeffrey Bellin of @WMLawSchool has authored ‘Mass Incarceration Nation,’ a book discussing mass imprisonment and it… https://t.co/S9U5GkV81t@AmLawInstDec 1
- John C.P. Goldberg @Harvard_Law and Benjamin C. Zipursky @FordhamLawNYC are the recipients of the 2023 William L. P… https://t.co/IgGbm998dL@AmLawInstNov 30
- The latest edition of The ALI Reporter is now available: https://t.co/w5DQNe416Bhttps://t.co/3TdMJ0alGG@AmLawInstNov 28
- Stephen Lee Saltonstall has authored ‘Renegade for Justice, Defending the Defenseless in an Outlaw World,’ a memoir… https://t.co/UaCqVH4s67@AmLawInstNov 23