Joshua Geltzer Joins Biden Administration as Special Advisor
Joshua A. Geltzer will join the Biden administration as Special Assistant to the President and Special Advisor to the Homeland Security Advisor on Countering Domestic Violent Extremism. In this role, Professor Geltzer will oversee the National Security Council’s review of policy to determine whether the government can better share information or take other steps to mitigate the threat of domestic violent extremism.
Professor Geltzer, who served as Executive Director of the Institute for Constitutional Advocacy and Protection at Georgetown Law, previously held the position of Senior Director for Counterterrorism and Deputy Legal Advisor at the National Security Council and as Counsel to the Assistant Attorney General for National Security at the U.S. Department of Justice.
Read a statement from the White House on the new initiative here.
- Roberta Liebenberg of Fine, Kaplan and Black received the 2023 Learned Hand Award from the Philadelphia/Southern Ne… https://t.co/3WYFqKUKVY@AmLawInstMar 24
- Happening tomorrow: The American Law Institute, @SouthwesternLaw Review, and Southwestern’s Panish Civil Justice Pr… https://t.co/mimpg7o1Ir@AmLawInstMar 23
- Chief Justice John G. Roberts, Jr., will receive the Henry J. Friendly Medal at The American Law Institute’s Annual… https://t.co/klYRvvNAL4@AmLawInstMar 21
- . @IntlWomenJudges received the 2023 Bolch Prize for the Rule of Law from @BolchJudicial. A number of ALI members sp… https://t.co/XSlJSOqsxR@AmLawInstMar 20
- Walter A. Effross @AUWCL has authored ‘Keeping Your Own Counsel,’ a book for law school students on how to navigate… https://t.co/gCOjjxg248@AmLawInstMar 17