‘Judgment Calls’ with David F. Levi
The Bolch Judicial Institute has launched its new podcast Judgment Calls, which features interviews with federal and state judges about their work, their lives, and the challenges and opportunities they face in the U.S. courts. The podcast is hosted by ALI President and Director of the Bolch Judicial Institute David F. Levi, who also served on the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California.
From the podcast description,
Judges in the United States often work in solitude and behind chambers’ doors. By offering a view into the lives and work of judges, Levi — himself a former Chief U.S. District Judge and now the director of the Bolch Judicial Institute at Duke Law School — helps to increase public understanding of what judges do and how and why they do it. In doing so, we hope Judgment Calls contributes to a greater awareness of the value of judicial independence and advances the Bolch Judicial Institute’s mission of supporting and protecting the rule of law.
The first four episodes feature ALI members: Richard M. Gergel of the U.S. District Court for the District of South Carolina; Jon O. Newman of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit; Marjorie O. Rendell of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit; and Jeffrey S. Sutton of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit.
Learn more here.
- ALI member Michael Dreeben was recently interviewed in piece for @lawdotcom about his transition to partner at… https://t.co/Y9EwuS3lY2@AmLawInstFeb 14
- ALI member Catharine A. MacKinnon of @UMichLaw recently delivered the McCorkle Lecture on “The First Amendment: An… https://t.co/bZg4kXlvpb@AmLawInstFeb 13
- On Jan. 29, the U.S. Department of Justice issued a press release announcing the first meeting of a White House tas… https://t.co/wI40cG7N0M@AmLawInstFeb 10
- Tune in Feb. 12 to watch ALI member and @UCILaw professor @rickhasen discuss his new book – Election Meltdown. Prof… https://t.co/JieN2coN0w@AmLawInstFeb 7
- Ronald Mann of @ColumbiaLaw shares his thoughts on “Argument Analysis: Justices Debate Ability of Business That Did… https://t.co/JbXW2ABsAG@AmLawInstFeb 5