‘Judgment Calls’ with David F. Levi
The Bolch Judicial Institute has launched its new podcast Judgment Calls, which features interviews with federal and state judges about their work, their lives, and the challenges and opportunities they face in the U.S. courts. The podcast is hosted by ALI President and Director of the Bolch Judicial Institute David F. Levi, who also served on the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California.
From the podcast description,
Judges in the United States often work in solitude and behind chambers’ doors. By offering a view into the lives and work of judges, Levi — himself a former Chief U.S. District Judge and now the director of the Bolch Judicial Institute at Duke Law School — helps to increase public understanding of what judges do and how and why they do it. In doing so, we hope Judgment Calls contributes to a greater awareness of the value of judicial independence and advances the Bolch Judicial Institute’s mission of supporting and protecting the rule of law.
The first four episodes feature ALI members: Richard M. Gergel of the U.S. District Court for the District of South Carolina; Jon O. Newman of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit; Marjorie O. Rendell of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit; and Jeffrey S. Sutton of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit.
Learn more here.
- Available now, “The Restatement and Beyond: The Past, Present, and Future of U.S. Foreign Relations Law.” Edited by… https://t.co/hrjii8dsYT@AmLawInstSep 24
- Now available on The ALI Adviser, @JayFeinman of @RutgersLaw provides "A User’s Guide to the Restatement of the Law… https://t.co/loNjEew8A5@AmLawInstSep 22
- ALI member Paul B. Stephan of @UVALaw has been appointed special counsel to the general counsel of the U.S. Departm… https://t.co/I9X8A3VCyF@AmLawInstSep 22
- ALI member Christiane Wendehorst of the @univienna and president of @ELI_Secretariat has joined the new Global Part… https://t.co/paAGVr7YpM@AmLawInstSep 21
- We mourn the loss of U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, legal icon and trailblazing advocate… https://t.co/QKm7AnoeKo@AmLawInstSep 19