‘Judgment Calls’ with David F. Levi
The Bolch Judicial Institute has launched its new podcast Judgment Calls, which features interviews with federal and state judges about their work, their lives, and the challenges and opportunities they face in the U.S. courts. The podcast is hosted by ALI President and Director of the Bolch Judicial Institute David F. Levi, who also served on the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of California.
From the podcast description,
Judges in the United States often work in solitude and behind chambers’ doors. By offering a view into the lives and work of judges, Levi — himself a former Chief U.S. District Judge and now the director of the Bolch Judicial Institute at Duke Law School — helps to increase public understanding of what judges do and how and why they do it. In doing so, we hope Judgment Calls contributes to a greater awareness of the value of judicial independence and advances the Bolch Judicial Institute’s mission of supporting and protecting the rule of law.
The first four episodes feature ALI members: Richard M. Gergel of the U.S. District Court for the District of South Carolina; Jon O. Newman of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit; Marjorie O. Rendell of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Third Circuit; and Jeffrey S. Sutton of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit.
Learn more here.
- In light of the recent disruptions to in-person elections due to COVID-19, and the potential for a larger-than-aver… https://t.co/TvAZoe1Jao@AmLawInstApr 6
- An interview with ALI member and @Harvard_Law professor @JeannieSGersen about her thoughts on teaching remotely wit… https://t.co/4Py0xxNXEs@AmLawInstApr 6
- Stephen Huefner @OSU_law discusses ensuring fair representation for all voters and voting methods in ALI’s Principl… https://t.co/3KxZFaC163@AmLawInstApr 3
- . @MoLawyersMedia has chosen ALI member and @MizzouLaw Dean Lyrissa Lidsky ( @LidskyLidsky) as its 2020 Woman of the… https://t.co/JmFd9SnzgI@AmLawInstApr 2
- Restatement Third of Torts: Liability for Economic Harm, is now available for purchase. In this video Reporter and… https://t.co/Bc0TRl4vcg@AmLawInstApr 2