Justice Ginsburg Delivers Inaugural Herma Hill Kay Memorial Lecture
U.S. Supreme Court Associate Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg delivered the inaugural Herma Hill Kay Memorial Lecture on Oct. 21 at UC Berkeley School of Law.
Justice Ginsburg spoke in conversation with her former clerk, and Berkeley Law professor, Amanda Tyler and shared many reflections on her career and lifelong friendship with former Berkeley Law Dean Herma Hill Kay, for whom the lecture is named. Professor Kay passed away in 2017 and left behind a tremendous legacy. She is remembered not just for her contributions to Berkeley Law but for her tireless efforts to ensure justice and fair representation of women in the legal community.
The lecture series was made possible largely through a contribution from Berkeley Law Professor Pamela Samuelson. Professor Samuelson presented a slideshow featuring photos of Dean Kay and praised her for improving the law school’s faculty diversity, clinical program, and social justice programming saying, “I’m only one of many thousands of women in particular who were inspired by her and mentored by her.”
Read more here.
Watch a video of the event below.
- In light of the recent disruptions to in-person elections due to COVID-19, & the potential for a larger-than-averag… https://t.co/xcVzlQkZHG@AmLawInstMay 29
- #ICYMI – In this video, Reporters Kermit Roosevelt III @pennlaw, Laura Little @TempleLaw, and Christopher Whytock… https://t.co/LUjp7sDs36@AmLawInstMay 29
- #TBT to Season One of #ReasonablySpeaking with our two-part episode on "Race and Policing" featuring… https://t.co/Lessf5Wmi4@AmLawInstMay 28
- #ICYMI – “Medical Malpractice in the Restatement Third of Torts.” This episode of #ReasonablySpeaking explores medi… https://t.co/gnwp2f22g1@AmLawInstMay 27
- In this video, project Reporters Matthew Fletcher @MSULaw ( @ILPCTurtleTalk) and Kaighn Smith Jr. @DrummondWoodsum p… https://t.co/8yvxwpu24O@AmLawInstMay 22