Justice Kagan Speaks to Incoming Harvard Law Students
Associate Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court and former Harvard Law School Dean Elena Kagan sat down with current Dean John F. Manning and new students at Harvard Law School to share her advice, anecdotes, and personal wisdom on how to best navigate law school.
During the talk, Associate Justice Kagan discussed her time as a Harvard law student, professor and dean, Solicitor General of the United States, and U.S. Supreme Court Justice. She also spoke on public speaking, making friends and genuine connections with faculty, and urged students to continue to challenge themselves over the course of their education.
When asked for her initial advice on how to succeed, Associate Justice Kagan said to be “an active go-getter and to try to speak law.”
Read more and watch video coverage here.
- Charitable Nonprofits project is in session. Project participants discuss solicitation, restrictions on charitable… https://t.co/BxZCnnarZu@AmLawInstSep 21
- Watch “ALI’s Drafting Process Educating the Next Generation of Lawyers” @jill_horwitz@UCLA_Lawhttps://t.co/Qn3udmOcQp@AmLawInstSep 20
- A quote from our 1st Director, William Draper Lewis: “The preparation of an adequate Restatement of any Subject is… https://t.co/yhc5syWNMO@AmLawInstSep 20
- Read "Decarceration Strategies: How 5 States Achieved Substantial Prison Population Reductions" on The ALI Adviser https://t.co/J0x0h6jiXt@AmLawInstSep 20
- As we continue our project meetings this fall we want to share some information about the important work that takes… https://t.co/7faFKELh4T@AmLawInstSep 19