Justice Kagan Speaks to Incoming Harvard Law Students
Associate Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court and former Harvard Law School Dean Elena Kagan sat down with current Dean John F. Manning and new students at Harvard Law School to share her advice, anecdotes, and personal wisdom on how to best navigate law school.
During the talk, Associate Justice Kagan discussed her time as a Harvard law student, professor and dean, Solicitor General of the United States, and U.S. Supreme Court Justice. She also spoke on public speaking, making friends and genuine connections with faculty, and urged students to continue to challenge themselves over the course of their education.
When asked for her initial advice on how to succeed, Associate Justice Kagan said to be “an active go-getter and to try to speak law.”
Read more and watch video coverage here.
- Read more on the press release issued today by the U.S. Department of Education on The ALI Adviser. https://t.co/SKFoHyZwNe@AmLawInstNov 16
- Day 2 of the Student Sexual Misconduct Principles meeting with Reporter Vicki Jackson @Harvard_Law and Associate Re… https://t.co/7D7svcf1h6@AmLawInstNov 16
- No #snowday for our project participants at today’s Student Sexual Misconduct Meeting. Moving along Day 1 of this 2… https://t.co/bTLvHKk1bD@AmLawInstNov 15
- #TBT to last week’s Restatement Third, Conflict of Laws meeting. Joining the discussion were several Reporters /Cha… https://t.co/ahact5w1kB@AmLawInstNov 15
- CU Boulder American Indian Law Clinic Wants North Dakota's Reservation voters to be heard. Read more on The ALI Adv… https://t.co/qKflf6cAHm@AmLawInstNov 15