Justice Kagan Speaks to Incoming Harvard Law Students
Associate Justice of the U.S. Supreme Court and former Harvard Law School Dean Elena Kagan sat down with current Dean John F. Manning and new students at Harvard Law School to share her advice, anecdotes, and personal wisdom on how to best navigate law school.
During the talk, Associate Justice Kagan discussed her time as a Harvard law student, professor and dean, Solicitor General of the United States, and U.S. Supreme Court Justice. She also spoke on public speaking, making friends and genuine connections with faculty, and urged students to continue to challenge themselves over the course of their education.
When asked for her initial advice on how to succeed, Associate Justice Kagan said to be “an active go-getter and to try to speak law.”
Read more and watch video coverage here.
- Congratulations to Jane Aiken on being named the new dean of @WFULawSchoolhttps://t.co/pkgu9xFY1ihttps://t.co/fmTQ6le2N7@AmLawInstApr 25
- Matthew Fletcher on tribal governments in this episode of #ReasonablySpeaking w/ Wenona Singel #TBT Listen here:… https://t.co/0I9Q8dx1AR@AmLawInstApr 25
- In this video, Data Privacy Principles Reporters @paulmschwartz and @DanielSolove discuss the developing concerns a… https://t.co/ft5VZEAmBL@AmLawInstApr 25
- Ward Farnsworth of @UTexasLaw speaks on collective thought and the drafting of a Restatement in The ALI Reporter.… https://t.co/U9aGuYCCUs@AmLawInstApr 24
- The Role of the Board of Directors and Executive Management in Promoting an Organizational Culture of Compliance an… https://t.co/kyrgCcBm7L@AmLawInstApr 24