The Karsh Institute of Democracy
The Karsh Institute of Democracy at the University of Virginia has announced its inaugural advisory board. The institute is nonpartisan, focusing on participation and civil debate on national issues, supporting discussion of the underpinnings of democracy, and engagement in public outreach.
The advisory board is led by Risa Goluboff of UVA Law. ALI members also on the advisory board are Mariano-Florentino Cuéllar of the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace, John Calvin Jeffries Jr. of UVA Law, and Anthony M. Kennedy, formerly of the U.S. Supreme Court.
Learn more about the institute and advisory board here.
- Samuel Bray @NDLaw has been appointed the John N. Matthews Professor of Law at Notre Dame Law School.… https://t.co/blKn8uqdMF@AmLawInstDec 2
- Jeffrey Bellin of @WMLawSchool has authored ‘Mass Incarceration Nation,’ a book discussing mass imprisonment and it… https://t.co/S9U5GkV81t@AmLawInstDec 1
- John C.P. Goldberg @Harvard_Law and Benjamin C. Zipursky @FordhamLawNYC are the recipients of the 2023 William L. P… https://t.co/IgGbm998dL@AmLawInstNov 30
- The latest edition of The ALI Reporter is now available: https://t.co/w5DQNe416Bhttps://t.co/3TdMJ0alGG@AmLawInstNov 28
- Stephen Lee Saltonstall has authored ‘Renegade for Justice, Defending the Defenseless in an Outlaw World,’ a memoir… https://t.co/UaCqVH4s67@AmLawInstNov 23