Derek Langhauser Appointed MCCS President
Maine Community College System (MCCS) has appointed ALI Council member Derek P. Langhauser as its next president. President Langhauser, who has served as the college’s general counsel for over 20 years, has been interim president since February 2015.
In making the announcement, Robert Clark, chair of the MCCS Board of Trustees and Presidential Search Committee, noted: “From the start of his service as interim president, the Board has recognized and been deeply grateful for the strength of President Langhauser’s leadership. Nevertheless, we were committed to conducting a full and impartial national search in order to ensure that we identified the right person to lead the System into the future. We are confident that we have achieved that goal. Derek brings to the position an impressive combination of leadership skills, deep knowledge of our colleges, commitment to our mission, and proven ability to work with Maine leaders and MCCS colleagues to move the System forward.”
In addition to being a member of the ALI Council, President Langhauser serves as an Adviser to the Model Penal Code: Sexual Assault and Related Offenses project and the Project on Sexual & Gender-Based Misconduct on Campus. He also serves on the Members Consultative Group for the Restatement of the Law, Charitable Nonprofit Organizations.
Read the announcement from MCCS here.
- Christopher Drahozal @kuLawschool lays out grounds for vacatur of U.S. Convention awards at today’s… https://t.co/j3o7wFKahG@AmLawInstNov 20
- NY Arbitration Week begins with a program on Restatement of Int’l Commercial and Investor-State Arbitration… https://t.co/KMIjXA61Fg@AmLawInstNov 20
- Children and the Law Reporter Elizabeth Scott of @ColumbiaLaw and Associate Reporter Clare Huntington of… https://t.co/7cQyN5uW9R@AmLawInstNov 18
- Children and the Law Reporter Elizabeth Scott of @ColumbiaLaw and Associate Reporter Clare Huntington of… https://t.co/SHUTQadnPY@AmLawInstNov 18
- ALI member Judge Richard Gergel recently sat down with ALI President David F. Levi of @DukeLaw to discuss his book… https://t.co/xzWDLwDmFP@AmLawInstNov 18