Derek Langhauser Appointed MCCS President
Maine Community College System (MCCS) has appointed ALI Council member Derek P. Langhauser as its next president. President Langhauser, who has served as the college’s general counsel for over 20 years, has been interim president since February 2015.
In making the announcement, Robert Clark, chair of the MCCS Board of Trustees and Presidential Search Committee, noted: “From the start of his service as interim president, the Board has recognized and been deeply grateful for the strength of President Langhauser’s leadership. Nevertheless, we were committed to conducting a full and impartial national search in order to ensure that we identified the right person to lead the System into the future. We are confident that we have achieved that goal. Derek brings to the position an impressive combination of leadership skills, deep knowledge of our colleges, commitment to our mission, and proven ability to work with Maine leaders and MCCS colleagues to move the System forward.”
In addition to being a member of the ALI Council, President Langhauser serves as an Adviser to the Model Penal Code: Sexual Assault and Related Offenses project and the Project on Sexual & Gender-Based Misconduct on Campus. He also serves on the Members Consultative Group for the Restatement of the Law, Charitable Nonprofit Organizations.
Read the announcement from MCCS here.
- Reporters @barryfriedman1 and @brandonlgarrett continue to receive comment on Policing Principles - now from… https://t.co/jtZFzsh3Eb@AmLawInstMay 20
- Frank Sullivan @IUMcKinney provides comment on the justification for encounters Section of Policing principles.… https://t.co/F2O731oJoe@AmLawInstMay 20
- The first project on today’s agenda is Principles of the Law, Policing with Reporter Barry Friedman and Associate R… https://t.co/nYlEXtb8yd@AmLawInstMay 20
- Our Annual Meeting is underway. Check out this year's #AM96 agenda on our website https://t.co/0XmZ7mYxHhhttps://t.co/tJevncWZXz@AmLawInstMay 20
- Thank you to our panelists for today’s program on Ethics Dilemmas Confronted by Government Lawyers. If you couldn’t… https://t.co/LFy8E5ZG6B@AmLawInstMay 19