Launching A New Report: "Civil Justice for All"
On Sept. 24, The American Academy of Arts and Sciences hosted a discussion of Civil Justice for All, a new report from the Academy’s "Making Justice Accessible" project. The report illuminates the civil justice gap and while recommending solutions in the form of programs, partnerships, innovations, and a significant shift in mindset that extends the duty and capacity to assist those with legal need beyond lawyers.
The event featured project Co-chairs Kenneth C. Frazier of Merck, John G. Levi of Sidley Austin, and Martha L. Minow of Harvard Law School, with David Rubenstein of The Carlyle Group serving as the moderator.
Register for the event here.
Making Justice Accessible: Designing Legal Services for the 21st Century, features a significant number of other ALI members including;
Tonya L. Brito, University of Wisconsin Law School
Matthew Diller, Fordham University School of Law
Mariano-Florentino Cuéllar, Supreme Court of California
Risa L. Goluboff, UVA School of Law
Nathan L. Hecht, Supreme Court of Texas
Benjamin W. Heineman Jr., Harvard Law School; Harvard Kennedy School
William C. Hubbard, University of South Carolina School of Law
David F. Levi, Duke Law School
Lance M. Liebman, Columbia Law School
Jonathan Lippman, Latham & Watkins
Margaret H. Marshall, Choate
Judy Perry Martinez, Simon, Peragine, Smith & Redfearn
Harriet E. Miers, Locke Lord
Andrew M. Perlman, Suffolk University Law School
Paul L. Reiber, Vermont Supreme Court
Judith Resnik, Yale Law School
James J. Sandman, Legal Services Corporation
Diane P. Wood, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
Video courtsey of The American Academy of Arts & Sciences.
- The abstract for 'Improving (and Avoiding) Interstate Interpretive Encounters' is available on The ALI Adviser:… https://t.co/sHIq24JfoF@AmLawInstSep 29
- . @daniellecitron has authored ‘The Fight for Privacy, Protecting Dignity, Identity and Love in our Digital Age,’ di… https://t.co/5V0wlofT0P@AmLawInstSep 29
- Sarah S. Vance of the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Louisiana is the recipient of the 2022 Edward… https://t.co/YyUx80mxZY@AmLawInstSep 28
- . @DebroahNArcher is the next director of @nyulaw’s Clinical and Advocacy Programs, effective January 2023.… https://t.co/2TQaEXlszu@AmLawInstSep 26
- Following her retirement from the @uscourts, U.S. District Court for the District of South Carolina, Margaret B Sey… https://t.co/FfZHzQAeyN@AmLawInstSep 22