Launching A New Report: "Civil Justice for All"
On Sept. 24, The American Academy of Arts and Sciences hosted a discussion of Civil Justice for All, a new report from the Academy’s "Making Justice Accessible" project. The report illuminates the civil justice gap and while recommending solutions in the form of programs, partnerships, innovations, and a significant shift in mindset that extends the duty and capacity to assist those with legal need beyond lawyers.
The event featured project Co-chairs Kenneth C. Frazier of Merck, John G. Levi of Sidley Austin, and Martha L. Minow of Harvard Law School, with David Rubenstein of The Carlyle Group serving as the moderator.
Register for the event here.
Making Justice Accessible: Designing Legal Services for the 21st Century, features a significant number of other ALI members including;
Tonya L. Brito, University of Wisconsin Law School
Matthew Diller, Fordham University School of Law
Mariano-Florentino Cuéllar, Supreme Court of California
Risa L. Goluboff, UVA School of Law
Nathan L. Hecht, Supreme Court of Texas
Benjamin W. Heineman Jr., Harvard Law School; Harvard Kennedy School
William C. Hubbard, University of South Carolina School of Law
David F. Levi, Duke Law School
Lance M. Liebman, Columbia Law School
Jonathan Lippman, Latham & Watkins
Margaret H. Marshall, Choate
Judy Perry Martinez, Simon, Peragine, Smith & Redfearn
Harriet E. Miers, Locke Lord
Andrew M. Perlman, Suffolk University Law School
Paul L. Reiber, Vermont Supreme Court
Judith Resnik, Yale Law School
James J. Sandman, Legal Services Corporation
Diane P. Wood, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
Video courtsey of The American Academy of Arts & Sciences.
- On the ALI Adviser: This Essay aims to translate federal Indian law and the success of McGirt in order to demonstra… https://t.co/1iJjla9hFY@AmLawInstSep 26
- . @MasonLEC ‘Civil Justice Preview of the Supreme Court’s 2021-2022 Term’ is happening now. John Beisner… https://t.co/EKA4zXjxQv@AmLawInstSep 24
- Michael E. Keasler, retired judge of the @TxCourts of Criminal Appeals, is the 2021 recipient of the… https://t.co/a8MKiXeHVt@AmLawInstSep 24
- Watch ALI President David F. Levi's remarks honoring ALI Council Emeritus Mary Kay Kane. https://t.co/4cyEalC82X@AmLawInstSep 24
- . @POTUS has nominated Kristin N. Johnson @EmoryLaw for Commissioner of @CFTC. https://t.co/B0AhHmHlhbhttps://t.co/HDFvKnG3iZ@AmLawInstSep 23