Launching A New Report: "Civil Justice for All"
On Sept. 24, The American Academy of Arts and Sciences hosted a discussion of Civil Justice for All, a new report from the Academy’s "Making Justice Accessible" project. The report illuminates the civil justice gap and while recommending solutions in the form of programs, partnerships, innovations, and a significant shift in mindset that extends the duty and capacity to assist those with legal need beyond lawyers.
The event featured project Co-chairs Kenneth C. Frazier of Merck, John G. Levi of Sidley Austin, and Martha L. Minow of Harvard Law School, with David Rubenstein of The Carlyle Group serving as the moderator.
Register for the event here.
Making Justice Accessible: Designing Legal Services for the 21st Century, features a significant number of other ALI members including;
Tonya L. Brito, University of Wisconsin Law School
Matthew Diller, Fordham University School of Law
Mariano-Florentino Cuéllar, Supreme Court of California
Risa L. Goluboff, UVA School of Law
Nathan L. Hecht, Supreme Court of Texas
Benjamin W. Heineman Jr., Harvard Law School; Harvard Kennedy School
William C. Hubbard, University of South Carolina School of Law
David F. Levi, Duke Law School
Lance M. Liebman, Columbia Law School
Jonathan Lippman, Latham & Watkins
Margaret H. Marshall, Choate
Judy Perry Martinez, Simon, Peragine, Smith & Redfearn
Harriet E. Miers, Locke Lord
Andrew M. Perlman, Suffolk University Law School
Paul L. Reiber, Vermont Supreme Court
Judith Resnik, Yale Law School
James J. Sandman, Legal Services Corporation
Diane P. Wood, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
Video courtsey of The American Academy of Arts & Sciences.
- ALI member Robert Thomas ( @invcondemnation) of Damon Key Leong Kupchak Hastert was a recent guest on "The Eminent D… https://t.co/Hbgy45k2Vf@AmLawInstJan 22
- ALI member Linda S. Greene has been selected as dean of MSU College of Law. https://t.co/TvgztVrVrmhttps://t.co/CBoaKOY1ZR@AmLawInstJan 21
- Be sure to check out the return of @UVALaw's "Common Law" podcast on Jan. 26. This season will feature a number of… https://t.co/iN8VfPBluY@AmLawInstJan 21
- Our Council meeting begins today with continued work on ALI–ELI Principles for a Data Economy - Data Rights and Tra… https://t.co/COL3RJ5RNe@AmLawInstJan 21
- Don't miss this important conversation with ALI member @rickhasen, today @ 5pm ET. https://t.co/TNvW79KnS0@AmLawInstJan 19