Launching A New Report: "Civil Justice for All"
On Sept. 24, The American Academy of Arts and Sciences hosted a discussion of Civil Justice for All, a new report from the Academy’s "Making Justice Accessible" project. The report illuminates the civil justice gap and while recommending solutions in the form of programs, partnerships, innovations, and a significant shift in mindset that extends the duty and capacity to assist those with legal need beyond lawyers.
The event featured project Co-chairs Kenneth C. Frazier of Merck, John G. Levi of Sidley Austin, and Martha L. Minow of Harvard Law School, with David Rubenstein of The Carlyle Group serving as the moderator.
Register for the event here.
Making Justice Accessible: Designing Legal Services for the 21st Century, features a significant number of other ALI members including;
Tonya L. Brito, University of Wisconsin Law School
Matthew Diller, Fordham University School of Law
Mariano-Florentino Cuéllar, Supreme Court of California
Risa L. Goluboff, UVA School of Law
Nathan L. Hecht, Supreme Court of Texas
Benjamin W. Heineman Jr., Harvard Law School; Harvard Kennedy School
William C. Hubbard, University of South Carolina School of Law
David F. Levi, Duke Law School
Lance M. Liebman, Columbia Law School
Jonathan Lippman, Latham & Watkins
Margaret H. Marshall, Choate
Judy Perry Martinez, Simon, Peragine, Smith & Redfearn
Harriet E. Miers, Locke Lord
Andrew M. Perlman, Suffolk University Law School
Paul L. Reiber, Vermont Supreme Court
Judith Resnik, Yale Law School
James J. Sandman, Legal Services Corporation
Diane P. Wood, U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit
Video courtsey of The American Academy of Arts & Sciences.
- Benjamin Lerner of Pennsylvania Court of Common Pleas (Retired) received the 2023 Alumni Impact Award from @pennlaw… https://t.co/qTl0t1vJq4@AmLawInstMay 26
- The Annual Meeting is adjourned. Thank you to our members for their unwavering dedication to the integrity of the I… https://t.co/MV4Usfluci@AmLawInstMay 24
- ALI membership votes to approve Principles of the Law, Government Ethics, marking the completion of this project. T… https://t.co/8jlZCothJQ@AmLawInstMay 24
- The last project session of this year’s Annual Meeting is Principles of the Law, Government Ethics w/ Reporters Ric… https://t.co/UwM3bcXrB3@AmLawInstMay 24
- ALI President Emeritus Roberta Cooper Ramo shares her concern of the removal of compassion in legal representation… https://t.co/wpKxLGpTv8@AmLawInstMay 24