In Memoriam: Anthony van Westrum
Anthony (Tony) van Westrum passed away on Jan. 20 at the age of 74. Mr. van Westrum was a member of ALI since 1990. He was loved and respected by friends and colleagues alike and will be greatly missed.
Tony was a loving father and grandfather. He was an accomplished attorney for 50 years, held in high esteem by his colleagues. He was also much admired and respected by his friends.
As an avid photographer and lover of the outdoors, Tony spent countless hours in nature. He was a voracious reader of all genres, always looking for new ways to learn and to challenge his mind.
Anthony is survived by his wife Jenny, son Derek (Jen), daughter Heather (Mike) and granddaughter Ruby. He will be deeply missed, and his impact on the those who knew him will be lasting.
- Ward Farnsworth of @UTexasLaw speaks on collective thought and the drafting of a Restatement in The ALI Reporter.… https://t.co/grMzqi1E3b@AmLawInstFeb 19
- Off from work today? Kick back and listen to an episode of #ReasonablySpeaking. ALI’s new podcast takes you through… https://t.co/Y1Kdr3mHoR@AmLawInstFeb 18
- Meeting next week, Principles for a Data Economy studies, identifies, and collates the existing and potential legal… https://t.co/yDlF7FMc1B@AmLawInstFeb 15
- Now streaming - Death penalty expert @brandonlgarrett of @DukeLaw talks about the revealing details of his data col… https://t.co/BdcVcVBqaL@AmLawInstFeb 14
- William Kidder @CRPatUCLA discusses the major challenges faced by U.S. colleges and universities in the prevention… https://t.co/yUyxjKvqK7@AmLawInstFeb 14