In Memoriam: Carl Liggio
Carl Liggio Sr. died on Jan. 17 as a result of COVID-related pneumonia.
Mr. Liggio was a former attorney with the firm McCullough, Campbell & Lane LLP (now McCullough P.C.) and a founding member of the Association of Corporate Counsel (ACC). He was instrumental in growing ACC’s initial membership base, signing up his entire team and working tirelessly on behalf of the association.
ACC Board Chair Jo Anne Schwendinger shared her thoughts on Mr. Liggio’s contribution to the organization. “Carl Liggio was a pioneer of the in-house profession,” said Schwendinger. “He was a founder of not just our association, but of the in-house profession as we know it today. Carl established and expanded the role of in-house counsel throughout his career, and all of us within the in-house community owe him a deep debt of gratitude.”
A member of the Institute since 1977, Mr. Liggio served on the Members Consultative Group for a number of projects including Principles of the Law, Compliance and Enforcement for Organizations; Restatement of the Law, Corporate Governance; and Restatement of the Law Third, Conflict of Laws.
- Linda Sheryl Greene is @UMichLaw’s new dean and MSU Foundation Professor of Law. https://t.co/uNExhBZVfmhttps://t.co/Sak9BzqSxD@AmLawInstJun 11
- This week marked the close of #ALI2021 Annual Meeting. #TBT to “Completing an ALI Project: Lessons from Reporters”… https://t.co/cG6Da7LQqH@AmLawInstJun 10
- The final project of this year’s #ALI2021 virtual Annual Meeting is Restatement of the Law, Copyright. Judge Pierre… https://t.co/uZ9xd7u2UK@AmLawInstJun 8
- Today is the first time Property has been presented to membership at an Annual Meeting, which includes a discussion… https://t.co/Oo3wNlMRGw@AmLawInstJun 8
- Today’s #ALI2021 session on Property includes a discussion on property torts. Henry Smith and John Goldberg discuss… https://t.co/Z0gTSTkx7H@AmLawInstJun 8