In Memoriam: David Schuman
David Schuman, professor at the University of Oregon School of Law and retired Oregon Court of Appeals judge, passed away on Oct. 8. He was 75 years old.
Judge Schuman was a member of the Institute for over 15 years, having been elected in 2004. He first became a member of the University of Oregon School of Law faculty in 1987, where he taught constitutional law, criminal procedure, legislation, and administrative law.
In 1997, Judge Schuman was appointed the Deputy Attorney General of the Oregon Department of Justice, where he served until 2001. After a brief return to the University of Oregon School of Law faculty,
Judge Schuman was appointed to the Oregon Court of Appeals in 2001. He retired from the benchin 2014 and returned to the law school faculty where he worked until the time of his death.
Judge Schuman is survived by his wife and two children and will be remembered for his dedicated legal career and lifelong devotion to education.
- In light of the recent disruptions to in-person elections due to COVID-19, and the potential for a larger-than-aver… https://t.co/TvAZoe1Jao@AmLawInstApr 6
- An interview with ALI member and @Harvard_Law professor @JeannieSGersen about her thoughts on teaching remotely wit… https://t.co/4Py0xxNXEs@AmLawInstApr 6
- Stephen Huefner @OSU_law discusses ensuring fair representation for all voters and voting methods in ALI’s Principl… https://t.co/3KxZFaC163@AmLawInstApr 3
- . @MoLawyersMedia has chosen ALI member and @MizzouLaw Dean Lyrissa Lidsky ( @LidskyLidsky) as its 2020 Woman of the… https://t.co/JmFd9SnzgI@AmLawInstApr 2
- Restatement Third of Torts: Liability for Economic Harm, is now available for purchase. In this video Reporter and… https://t.co/Bc0TRl4vcg@AmLawInstApr 2