In Memoriam: Edwin J. Dryer
Edwin J. Dryer died on April 28, at the age of 102.
Mr. Dryer was a dedicated member of the Institute for over 70 years. He regularly attended the ALI Annual Meeting, including last year’s 95th Annual Meeting at the age of 101. He was a member of the National Press Club, the Army and Navy Club of Washington, DC, and the Society for the Preservation of Old Mills. In addition to military service and his career in the law, he also operated a cattle farm in Browntown, Virginia, where he was recognized for his innovative water conservation projects.
Mr. Dryer graduated from Yale College in 1937 and Yale Law School in 1940. He became a partner in the Washington law firm Meyers & Batzell (1955-1965), then Meyers & Dryer (1965-1968), in the practice of energy and natural resources, as well as anti-trust law. From 1965 to 1983 he served as general counsel of the Independent Refiners Association of America. He was a partner in Foley & Lardner from 1980 until his death.
Mr. Dryer will is survived by his wife, daughters, grandchildren and great grandchildren, and he will be remembered for his service, legal career, and dedicated conservation efforts.
Read The Washington Post obit here.
- In light of the recent disruptions to in-person elections due to COVID-19, & the potential for a larger-than-averag… https://t.co/xcVzlQkZHG@AmLawInstMay 29
- #ICYMI – In this video, Reporters Kermit Roosevelt III @pennlaw, Laura Little @TempleLaw, and Christopher Whytock… https://t.co/LUjp7sDs36@AmLawInstMay 29
- #TBT to Season One of #ReasonablySpeaking with our two-part episode on "Race and Policing" featuring… https://t.co/Lessf5Wmi4@AmLawInstMay 28
- #ICYMI – “Medical Malpractice in the Restatement Third of Torts.” This episode of #ReasonablySpeaking explores medi… https://t.co/gnwp2f22g1@AmLawInstMay 27
- In this video, project Reporters Matthew Fletcher @MSULaw ( @ILPCTurtleTalk) and Kaighn Smith Jr. @DrummondWoodsum p… https://t.co/8yvxwpu24O@AmLawInstMay 22