In Memoriam: James A. Henderson Jr.
James A. Henderson Jr., the Frank B. Ingersoll Professor of Law Emeritus at Cornell Law School, died July 2 at the age of 81.
Professor Henderson was considered a giant in tort law and products liability, his scholarship and teaching addressed theoretical, practical, and process concerns in the fields of products liability and torts.
An ALI member for over 40 years, he served as co-Reporter of Restatement of the Law Third, Torts: Products Liability, which was completed in 1998. Professor Henderson testified extensively on torts, products liability, and insurance before the Senate and Congress, as well as before numerous state legislatures. He also served as a special master for the World Trade Center first responders’ litigation in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York.
After graduating from law school, Professor Henderson clerked for Warren L. Jones of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit. He then taught at Boston University Law School for twenty years before joining the Cornell Law School Faculty in 1984 and teaching there for 29 years until his passing.
Read his memoriam piece from Cornell Law.
- Sara Bronin @UConnLaw explores how zoning codes define both the family and the “functional family” on The ALI Advis… https://t.co/bzM6Sj8pTr@AmLawInstJan 16
- Avi Gesser and Molly Clarke @DavisPolkReg share their thoughts on “What the Last Year of Cyber Enforcement Tells Us… https://t.co/MUEGqXY202@AmLawInstJan 13
- Today marks the first day of #SCOTUS oral arguments in 2020. Learn more about what it’s like to argue before the na… https://t.co/TxL8DgQ7JA@AmLawInstJan 13
- Paul Stephan @UVALaw shares his thoughts on “Foreign Relations and the City.” The essay was prepared for the Worksh… https://t.co/tLwhJa6xPJ@AmLawInstJan 10
- Margaret H. Marshall, Senior Fellow of the Yale Corporation and Senior Counsel at @ChoateLLP, will sit down in conv… https://t.co/jhNrw1278B@AmLawInstJan 9