In Memoriam: James A. Henderson Jr.
James A. Henderson Jr., the Frank B. Ingersoll Professor of Law Emeritus at Cornell Law School, died July 2 at the age of 81.
Professor Henderson was considered a giant in tort law and products liability, his scholarship and teaching addressed theoretical, practical, and process concerns in the fields of products liability and torts.
An ALI member for over 40 years, he served as co-Reporter of Restatement of the Law Third, Torts: Products Liability, which was completed in 1998. Professor Henderson testified extensively on torts, products liability, and insurance before the Senate and Congress, as well as before numerous state legislatures. He also served as a special master for the World Trade Center first responders’ litigation in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York.
After graduating from law school, Professor Henderson clerked for Warren L. Jones of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit. He then taught at Boston University Law School for twenty years before joining the Cornell Law School Faculty in 1984 and teaching there for 29 years until his passing.
Read his memoriam piece from Cornell Law.
- Latest bobblehead from The Green Bag ( @GB2d) honors ALI Council member, politician, and prominent civil rights atto… https://t.co/qKuQhcJRnV@AmLawInstSep 14
- Project meeting discussion continues on Integrity of the Process: Confidentiality, Disclosure, Retaliation. Listen… https://t.co/1FNxshx1Ao@AmLawInstSep 13
- Live from today’s Principles project meeting – Participants, with Reporters Vicki Jackson @Harvard_Law and Suzanne… https://t.co/ajouP8fGc2@AmLawInstSep 13
- Pennsylvania’s highest court grapples with the difficult question currently facing many other courts around the cou… https://t.co/36jyRKvN9L@AmLawInstSep 13
- #TBT to our @ALI_CLE program at our #ALI96 Annual Meeting “Duty to Whom? Ethics Dilemmas Confronted by Gov. Lawyers… https://t.co/xDPFBXXLNE@AmLawInstSep 12