In Memoriam: Jerry Hyman
Jerome (Jerry) E. Hyman, Senior Counsel at Cleary Gottlieb, passed away on April 4, at the age of 97.
Mr. Hyman joined Cleary Gottlieb in 1948 and became partner in 1959. From late 1982 to early 1984 he served as Senior Vice President and General Counsel of Pan American World Airways, Inc., and also served as an investigator of German cartels in the Office of Military Government for Germany from 1945 to 1946.
A devoted member of the Institute for over 50 years, Mr. Hyman was also involved with many other professional organizations, including the American Bar Association, the Association of the Bar of the City of New York, and the New York County Lawyers' Association.
He is remembered for his friendship, intelligence, and commitment to the legal profession.
- #FBF – In this video Reporter Henry Smith, along with Associate Reporters John Goldberg @Harvard_Law, Thomas Merril… https://t.co/es4ZEkiAE4@AmLawInstJul 10
- #FBF – In this video Reporter Henry Smith, along with Associate Reporters John Goldberg @Harvard_Law, Thomas Merril… https://t.co/1EW5BQR1OS@AmLawInstJul 10
- ALI member @NaomiCahn, an influential scholar in the field of family law, trusts and estates, and feminist jurispru… https://t.co/EHSmDfyIqz@AmLawInstJul 10
- #TBT to “Coping with COVID: Administering Jury Trials, Mediations, Complex Litigation.” This episode brings togethe… https://t.co/ZAqjetKAWF@AmLawInstJul 9
- ALI members @ProfMMurray of @nyulaw, @UVALaw Dean @RisaGoluboff, & Judge Jenny Rivera of the New York State Court o… https://t.co/JupM2RlhLY@AmLawInstJul 8