In Memoriam: Mark Harrison
Mark I. Harrison passed away on Jan. 11.
A member of the Arizona law firm Osborn Maledon, he was a past President of the State Bar of Arizona, the Arizona Bar Foundation, and the National Conference of Bar Presidents. An ALI member for over 30 years, he served on the MCG for Restatement of the Law Third, The Law Governing Lawyers. He was President of the Association of Professional Responsibility Lawyers and the American Academy of Appellate Lawyers. Mr. Harrison also served as Chair of the national Board of Directors of Justice at Stake; an organization dedicated to the preservation of an independent judiciary.
Mr. Harrison taught as an adjunct professor at the University of Arizona Law School and at Arizona State University School of Law. He was the recipient of several awards including the ABA Michael Franck Award for Professional Responsibility, the Walter E. Craig Lifetime Achievement Award from the State Bar of Arizona, the Learned Hand Award from the American Jewish Committee, the Burnham “Hod” Greeley Award from the Judicial Division of the ABA, the Charles W. Kettlewell Legal Ethics Advisory Award from the Association of Professional Responsibility Lawyers, and the Distinguished Service Award from the Chief Justice of the Arizona Supreme Court.
- Day 1 of #ALI2021 Annual Meeting ends with membership vote to approve Tentative Draft No. 3 of Children and the Law… https://t.co/bb1crcRfRR@AmLawInstMay 17
- The final project on the first day of #ALI2021 Annual Meeting is Children and the Law. This draft contains § 10.10.… https://t.co/v2cFPwPLUp@AmLawInstMay 17
- ALI membership votes to approve Principles of Compliance and Enforcement for Organizations at #ALI2021, marking the… https://t.co/iLsZDBbjHu@AmLawInstMay 17
- Second project of the #ALI2021 Annual Meeting is Compliance and Enforcement for Organizations. An excerpt from Chap… https://t.co/xckH3uX8wR@AmLawInstMay 17
- ALI membership votes to approve Restatement of American Indian Law at #ALI2021, marking the completion of this proj… https://t.co/1oHQJHv9f0@AmLawInstMay 17