In Memoriam: Mark Harrison
Mark I. Harrison passed away on Jan. 11.
A member of the Arizona law firm Osborn Maledon, he was a past President of the State Bar of Arizona, the Arizona Bar Foundation, and the National Conference of Bar Presidents. An ALI member for over 30 years, he served on the MCG for Restatement of the Law Third, The Law Governing Lawyers. He was President of the Association of Professional Responsibility Lawyers and the American Academy of Appellate Lawyers. Mr. Harrison also served as Chair of the national Board of Directors of Justice at Stake; an organization dedicated to the preservation of an independent judiciary.
Mr. Harrison taught as an adjunct professor at the University of Arizona Law School and at Arizona State University School of Law. He was the recipient of several awards including the ABA Michael Franck Award for Professional Responsibility, the Walter E. Craig Lifetime Achievement Award from the State Bar of Arizona, the Learned Hand Award from the American Jewish Committee, the Burnham “Hod” Greeley Award from the Judicial Division of the ABA, the Charles W. Kettlewell Legal Ethics Advisory Award from the Association of Professional Responsibility Lawyers, and the Distinguished Service Award from the Chief Justice of the Arizona Supreme Court.
- ALI member @brandonlgarrett of @DukeLaw has written “Autopsy of a Crime Lab: Exposing the Flaws in Forensics.” The… https://t.co/VD0Lq4LNUi@AmLawInstMar 3
- . @daniellecitron of @UVALaw and @DanielSolove of @gwlaw have written “Privacy Harms.” Read more on The ALI Adviser. https://t.co/iSrTe7ViZ3@AmLawInstMar 1
- ALI member Angela Davis of @AUWCL has been named the recipient of the 33rd Annual Charlotte E. Ray Award from the… https://t.co/DB2TajYpln@AmLawInstMar 1
- Now recording for #ReasonablySpeaking: 3 former Solicitors General—Walter E. Dellinger, Donald B. Verrilli, and Set… https://t.co/u5TZ3yKwE9@AmLawInstMar 1
- The District Court of Maine recently cited Section 18 of Restatement of the Law, Liability Insurance in Burka v. Ga… https://t.co/D9Pv6KBAVD@AmLawInstFeb 28