In Memoriam: Oscar S. Gray
Oscar S. Gray, Professor Emeritus at University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law, passed away on Oct. 3.
Professor Gray was one of the nation’s preeminent tort scholars from the 1970s until the time of his death. He is the author of Cases and Materials on Environmental Law and co-author of TheLaw of Torts (Second Edition) and Harper, James and Gray on Torts (Third Edition). During the mid-1990s, he served as chair of the AALS Section on Tort and Compensation Systems, and was the recipient of the 2010 William L. Prosser Award from the section.
An active member of the Institute since 1975, Professor Gray was an instrumental force as Adviser to Restatement of the Law Third, Torts: Products Liability. In addition to private and corporate practice, Professor Gray was an attorney-adviser in the Legal Adviser's Office of the U.S. Department of State, special counsel to the President's Task Force on Communications Policy, and served as acting director of the Office of Environmental Impact, U.S. Department of Transportation.
- . @UWMadison recently released preliminary findings from the 2019 @AAUniversities Campus Climate Survey on Sexual As… https://t.co/mW4Fwq21S8@AmLawInstOct 23
- In Parkinson v. Bevis, 2019 WL 4266089 (Idaho Sept. 10, 2019), the Supreme Court of Idaho adopts Restatement of the… https://t.co/H0JfTtAxSw@AmLawInstOct 23
- . @ConstitutionCtr and @GWLawReview recently hosted a symposium where federal judges shared how their #SCOTUS clerks… https://t.co/63bAZTGh4w@AmLawInstOct 22
- Nicole A. Saharsky of @Mayer_Brown recently featured on an episode of Legal Speak ( @lawdotcom) where she shared her… https://t.co/dpT3J56E6y@AmLawInstOct 22
- Congratulations to our 50 newly elected members. We are thrilled to welcome this new group who will bring their exp… https://t.co/SroGmh3D00@AmLawInstOct 21