In Memoriam: Oscar S. Gray
Oscar S. Gray, Professor Emeritus at University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law, passed away on Oct. 3.
Professor Gray was one of the nation’s preeminent tort scholars from the 1970s until the time of his death. He is the author of Cases and Materials on Environmental Law and co-author of TheLaw of Torts (Second Edition) and Harper, James and Gray on Torts (Third Edition). During the mid-1990s, he served as chair of the AALS Section on Tort and Compensation Systems, and was the recipient of the 2010 William L. Prosser Award from the section.
An active member of the Institute since 1975, Professor Gray was an instrumental force as Adviser to Restatement of the Law Third, Torts: Products Liability. In addition to private and corporate practice, Professor Gray was an attorney-adviser in the Legal Adviser's Office of the U.S. Department of State, special counsel to the President's Task Force on Communications Policy, and served as acting director of the Office of Environmental Impact, U.S. Department of Transportation.
- Make sure to check out what’s happened so far on Season 2 of #ReasonablySpeaking, including special episodes of “Co… https://t.co/8P7XrLkt4G@AmLawInstJul 3
- #TBT to Episode 1 of "Coping with COVID," a series produced jointly by @BolchJudicial of @DukeLaw. "How Courts Are… https://t.co/yRxyRs3uIj@AmLawInstJul 2
- ALI Council member Troy McKenzie of @nyulaw was recently honored with a Distinguished Teaching Award. Learn more:… https://t.co/dIH5sntHyp@AmLawInstJul 2
- Now Streaming on #ReasonablySpeaking: “The Plague of Excessive Force - Working Together to Find a Cure” featuring… https://t.co/FGmDlbwvPi@AmLawInstJul 1
- Read remarks from ALI members @ProfMMurray, @barryfriedman1, @eji_org Executive Director Bryan Stevenson,… https://t.co/WjYkz4CR9O@AmLawInstJul 1