In Memoriam: Oscar S. Gray
Oscar S. Gray, Professor Emeritus at University of Maryland Francis King Carey School of Law, passed away on Oct. 3.
Professor Gray was one of the nation’s preeminent tort scholars from the 1970s until the time of his death. He is the author of Cases and Materials on Environmental Law and co-author of TheLaw of Torts (Second Edition) and Harper, James and Gray on Torts (Third Edition). During the mid-1990s, he served as chair of the AALS Section on Tort and Compensation Systems, and was the recipient of the 2010 William L. Prosser Award from the section.
An active member of the Institute since 1975, Professor Gray was an instrumental force as Adviser to Restatement of the Law Third, Torts: Products Liability. In addition to private and corporate practice, Professor Gray was an attorney-adviser in the Legal Adviser's Office of the U.S. Department of State, special counsel to the President's Task Force on Communications Policy, and served as acting director of the Office of Environmental Impact, U.S. Department of Transportation.
- Pamela S. Karlan @StanfordLaw and @EllenRosenblum are recipients of this year’s Margaret Brent Award for their achi… https://t.co/EKei2hiPsV@AmLawInstJun 23
- . @stone_geoffrey is a co-editor on the recently published book National Security, Leaks & Freedom of the Press, exa… https://t.co/Bi49kBzdII@AmLawInstJun 22
- . @SEC_News announced the appointments of Renee M. Jones @BCLAW as Director of the Division of Corporation Finance a… https://t.co/pGW5ao5SV8@AmLawInstJun 21
- Judge Jack Weinstein, 99, an ALI member for 50 years, died yesterday at his home in Great Neck, NY.… https://t.co/Xrk4QPVfKj@AmLawInstJun 16
- ALI Council member Ketanji Brown Jackson has been confirmed by the Senate to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C.… https://t.co/6zcuQyDffx@AmLawInstJun 15