In Memoriam: Peter Linzer
Peter Linzer died on Dec. 13, 2020. He was 81.
Professor Linzer taught at The University of Houston Law Center faculty from 1984 to 2020. He was a well respected scholar of contracts and constitutional law who contributed to academic dialogue about both topics over the course of his extensive career as a law professor. Before going into teaching, he practiced law both as a Wall Street lawyer and as an Assistant Corporation Counsel for the City of New York. He served as the Chair of the Contracts Section of the Association of American Law Schools and was a Board Certified civil appellate specialist. He served for nearly a decade on the Pattern Jury Charge Committee of the State Bar of Texas.
“Professor Linzer was a true scholar who possessed limitless love for the law and for spirited debate about it,” said ALI member and University of Houston Law Center colleague Dave Fagundes. “He will be deeply missed but remembered with great fondness by family, students, and colleagues.”
Professor Linzer was a devoted member of The American Law Institute for almost thirty years. He served as the Editorial Reviser of the Restatement of the Law Second, Contracts, and regularly participated in the ALI Annual Meeting discussion with his trademark combination of insight and passion.
Read a tribute from The University of Houston Law Center here.
- Don't miss this important conversation with ALI member @rickhasen, today @ 5pm ET. https://t.co/TNvW79KnS0@AmLawInstJan 19
- ALI member @DanielSolove of @gwlaw has written “The Eyemonger,” a newly illustrated children’s book that discusses… https://t.co/vX0iK1MoYK@AmLawInstJan 15
- #ICYMI – "The U.S. Presidency: Looking Forward," is now available on #ReasonablySpeaking. In this timely episode sc… https://t.co/jK7Q4mtF29@AmLawInstJan 15
- Now on #ReasonablySpeaking, "The U.S. Presidency: Looking Forward." From the new series, #BeyondCOVID, jointly prod… https://t.co/XeLJWgbWiS@AmLawInstJan 14
- Make sure to check out this special edition honoring ALI Council member Diane P. Wood of the U.S. Court of Appeals… https://t.co/0gs41NHlwC@AmLawInstJan 13