In Memoriam: Walter J. Wadlington
Walter J. Wadlington III died peacefully on May 27. He was 88.
Mr. Wadlington attended Duke University and Tulane Law School before serving in the Army Judge Advocate General Corps. After a few years of practicing law, he received a Fulbright Fellowship to Edinburgh, Scotland, where he discovered a passion for teaching. He then taught at Tulane Law School for two years before moving to the University of Virginia, teaching for over forty years as the James Madison Professor of Law and later as Professor of Legal Medicine at the medical school.
A dedicated ALI member for over 40 years, Mr. Wadlington will be remembered for his long serving commitment to legal education and devotion to improving the law.
Read the full obit here.
- In this video, project Reporters Matthew Fletcher @MSULaw ( @ILPCTurtleTalk) and Kaighn Smith Jr. @DrummondWoodsum p… https://t.co/8yvxwpu24O@AmLawInstMay 22
- “Coping with COVID: Administering Jury Trials, Mediations, Complex Litigation” brings together judges and court adm… https://t.co/TfpRlmYKcx@AmLawInstMay 21
- Coming soon to #ReasonablySpeaking – "Coping with COVID: Administering Jury Trials, Mediations, Complex Litigation.… https://t.co/V94sWaem6L@AmLawInstMay 20
- Congratulations to ALI member A. Benjamin Spencer ( @PROFSPENCER) of @UVALaw on being named the new dean of… https://t.co/326BOQhgc6@AmLawInstMay 20
- . @DukeLaw@DeanKerryAbrams shares her thoughts on how students assisted in the switch to remote learning on… https://t.co/de6DRzlzYl@AmLawInstMay 20