In Memoriam: William Schwartz
William Schwartz passed away on December 20. He was 84.
Before his passing, Mr. Schwartz served as Counsel for Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft in New York City.
Upon graduating from Boston University School of Law, Mr. Schwartz joined the faculty and eventually became dean. The law school’s library was dedicated in honor of Mr. Schwartz and his wife Bernice Schwartz. He was a director of Viacom Inc. and Viacom International Inc. and also served as the general director of the American Association for Justice (formerly Association of Trial Lawyers of America). He was a member of the legal advisory committee of the New York Stock Exchange and a representative to the Office of Public Information of the United Nations.
As a member of ALI, Mr. Schwartz participated in the Member Consultative Group for Restatement of the Law Third, Trusts, Restatement of the Law Third, Torts: Products Liability, and Restatement of the Law Third, Property (Wills and Other Donative Transfers).
Read the full Cadwalader obituary.
- Goodwin Liu Among Honorees at AABANY Annual Dinner https://t.co/W4w1QrVQL8@AmLawInstJan 19
- ALI Council members Vicki Jackson @Harvard_Law and Suzanne Goldberg @ColumbiaLaw discuss the methods of reporting… https://t.co/mjWjDrqbn5@AmLawInstJan 18
- MPC: Sentencing Cited in EDNY Restitution Case https://t.co/VFhJccbSDy@AmLawInstJan 18
- Professors Shyamkrishna Balganesh and Eugene Volokh provide insight on copyright infringement in light of a recent… https://t.co/bsBD70wFwQ@AmLawInstJan 17
- The Wisdom of Crowds™ - The ALI Adviser https://t.co/2O88Oxh2hH@AmLawInstJan 16