In Memoriam: William Schwartz
William Schwartz passed away on December 20. He was 84.
Before his passing, Mr. Schwartz served as Counsel for Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft in New York City.
Upon graduating from Boston University School of Law, Mr. Schwartz joined the faculty and eventually became dean. The law school’s library was dedicated in honor of Mr. Schwartz and his wife Bernice Schwartz. He was a director of Viacom Inc. and Viacom International Inc. and also served as the general director of the American Association for Justice (formerly Association of Trial Lawyers of America). He was a member of the legal advisory committee of the New York Stock Exchange and a representative to the Office of Public Information of the United Nations.
As a member of ALI, Mr. Schwartz participated in the Member Consultative Group for Restatement of the Law Third, Trusts, Restatement of the Law Third, Torts: Products Liability, and Restatement of the Law Third, Property (Wills and Other Donative Transfers).
Read the full Cadwalader obituary.
- In the video below, Liability Insurance project Reporter @kyledlogue discusses Long Tail Claims, and the issues sur… https://t.co/AfCdk0guo1@AmLawInstApr 25
- U.S. Supreme Court will not hear Bostic case on long sentences for juveniles by @rlippmann - The ALI Adviser https://t.co/rccxLXhgb8@AmLawInstApr 25
- Behind the Trial: Evan R. Chesler https://t.co/tj9KXnd9Dn@AmLawInstApr 25
- More states facilitating licensing for people with a criminal record according to @ccresourcecentr- The ALI Adviser https://t.co/S3RGPzM3Uc@AmLawInstApr 24
- More states facilitating licensing for people with a criminal record - The ALI Adviser https://t.co/S3RGPzM3Uc@AmLawInstApr 24