In Memoriam: William Schwartz
William Schwartz passed away on December 20. He was 84.
Before his passing, Mr. Schwartz served as Counsel for Cadwalader, Wickersham & Taft in New York City.
Upon graduating from Boston University School of Law, Mr. Schwartz joined the faculty and eventually became dean. The law school’s library was dedicated in honor of Mr. Schwartz and his wife Bernice Schwartz. He was a director of Viacom Inc. and Viacom International Inc. and also served as the general director of the American Association for Justice (formerly Association of Trial Lawyers of America). He was a member of the legal advisory committee of the New York Stock Exchange and a representative to the Office of Public Information of the United Nations.
As a member of ALI, Mr. Schwartz participated in the Member Consultative Group for Restatement of the Law Third, Trusts, Restatement of the Law Third, Torts: Products Liability, and Restatement of the Law Third, Property (Wills and Other Donative Transfers).
Read the full Cadwalader obituary.
- Copy: Learn more about this week’s project meeting, Principles of the Law Compliance, Enforcement, and Risk Managem… https://t.co/PefiOvHmSo@AmLawInstOct 22
- Intentional Torts Restatement session at today’s Council meeting included discussion on Privileges and Consent. … https://t.co/7LAgHLowxy@AmLawInstOct 19
- Watch a short video and learn more about the Children and The Law Restatement project on The ALI Adviser.… https://t.co/hPYmdpWwWv@AmLawInstOct 19
- Day 2 of our Council meeting begins with Children and the Law Restatement, including discussions on parental author… https://t.co/JumoEGNlRR@AmLawInstOct 19
- Congratulations to all our newly elected members! View the full list on https://t.co/H2Yifa92ph:… https://t.co/QWRnIugucB@AmLawInstOct 18