New Frontiers in Torts: The Challenges of Science, Technology, and Innovation
The Southwestern Law Review Symposium, "New Frontiers in Torts: The Challenges of Science, Technology, and Innovation,” was held on Feb. 7 at Southwestern Law School.
The event featured panels on a variety of topics including, New Technologies and Science in Tort Practice, New Means of Financing Lawsuits and Law Firms, New Developments in Tort Litigation, and New Ventures in Tort Theory.
Speakers and moderators at the symposium included the following ALI members:
Ronald G. Aronovsky – Southwestern Law School
Mark A. Behrens – Shook, Hardy & Bacon
John H. Beisner – Skadden Arps
Michael D. Green – Wake Forest University School of Law
Gregory C. Keating – USC Gould School of Law
Richard L. Marcus – UC Hastings College of Law
Francis E. McGovern – Duke School of Law
Linda S. Mullenix – University of Texas at Austin School of Law
Christopher John Robinette – Widener University Commonwealth Law School
Victor E. Schwartz – Shook, Hardy & Bacon
Anthony J. Sebok – Yeshiva University Cardozo School of Law
Catherine M. Sharkey – NYU School of Law
Kenneth W. Simons – UC Irvine School of Law
Learn more and register for the event here.
- #SCOTUS cites Restatement Second of Judgments in Pereida v. Wilkins, holding that “certain nonpermanent aliens seek… https://t.co/WQMK0pDtej@AmLawInstMar 5
- Written in collaboration with the late Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, ALI member @profamandatyler of @BerkeleyLaw has… https://t.co/0ESXqn5Llx@AmLawInstMar 4
- Learn more about our joint project with @ELI_Secretariat, Principles for a Data Economy, on the newly launched webs… https://t.co/qiRCkj6iCL@AmLawInstMar 4
- This Friday, March 5, the @bwln_nyu is hosting its 2021 symposium on Politics, Power, and Women’s Leadership. The e… https://t.co/ZiocMnsyC8@AmLawInstMar 4
- ALI member @brandonlgarrett of @DukeLaw has written “Autopsy of a Crime Lab: Exposing the Flaws in Forensics.” The… https://t.co/VD0Lq4LNUi@AmLawInstMar 3