Omari Simmons Interview on the Simmons Memorial Foundation and New Book
Omari S. Simmons of Wake Forest University Law School was interviewed on WBOC 16 about his work as executive director of the Simmons Memorial Foundation (SMF), a nonprofit organization that aims to prepare “vulnerable students for college admission and nurture habits of mind that are essential for high achievement in diverse and complex learning communities.”
Professor Simmons also discussed his new book, Potential on the Periphery, which profiles the ways in which SMF “has helped students secure admission and succeed in college, using this example to contextualize the broader realm of existing education practice, academic theory, and public policy.”
The book uses data gleaned from interviews with past student participants to illuminate the underlying factors thwarting student achievement, while identifying policy solutions and pragmatic strategies that college access organizations can adopt to address them.
Watch the full interview here.
- . @UWMadison recently released preliminary findings from the 2019 @AAUniversities Campus Climate Survey on Sexual As… https://t.co/mW4Fwq21S8@AmLawInstOct 23
- In Parkinson v. Bevis, 2019 WL 4266089 (Idaho Sept. 10, 2019), the Supreme Court of Idaho adopts Restatement of the… https://t.co/H0JfTtAxSw@AmLawInstOct 23
- . @ConstitutionCtr and @GWLawReview recently hosted a symposium where federal judges shared how their #SCOTUS clerks… https://t.co/63bAZTGh4w@AmLawInstOct 22
- Nicole A. Saharsky of @Mayer_Brown recently featured on an episode of Legal Speak ( @lawdotcom) where she shared her… https://t.co/dpT3J56E6y@AmLawInstOct 22
- Congratulations to our 50 newly elected members. We are thrilled to welcome this new group who will bring their exp… https://t.co/SroGmh3D00@AmLawInstOct 21