Paulette Brown Inducted into Fred David Gray Hall of Fame
At the National Bar Association’s 94th Annual Convention, Paulette Brown of Locke Lord was inducted into the NBA’s Fred David Gray Hall of Fame for her significant contributions to the cause of justice. Ms. Brown is renowned for her groundbreaking work on behalf of diversity and inclusion, professional achievements and community contributions.
Ms. Brown is a former President of the NBA and the first woman of color to lead the American Bar Association. Throughout her career, she has held a number of positions, including in-house counsel to a number of Fortune 500 companies and Municipal Court Judge.
Below is a video of Ms. Brown’s speech at ALI’s 93rd Annual Meeting in 2016 where she addressed the audience on the topic of “Reclaiming the Promise of ‘And Justice for All.’” In her speech, she praised the legal community’s efforts in increasing diversity and inclusion in the legal profession, and encouraged the lawyers in the room to continue efforts confronting implicit bias in the legal system. “As lawyers,” she maintained, “we must not only be up to the challenges of improving diversity and inclusion in the legal profession and confronting implicit bias in the justice system, but we must also lead the effort.”
- In this video, project Reporters Matthew Fletcher @MSULaw ( @ILPCTurtleTalk) and Kaighn Smith Jr. @DrummondWoodsum p… https://t.co/8yvxwpu24O@AmLawInstMay 22
- “Coping with COVID: Administering Jury Trials, Mediations, Complex Litigation” brings together judges and court adm… https://t.co/TfpRlmYKcx@AmLawInstMay 21
- Coming soon to #ReasonablySpeaking – "Coping with COVID: Administering Jury Trials, Mediations, Complex Litigation.… https://t.co/V94sWaem6L@AmLawInstMay 20
- Congratulations to ALI member A. Benjamin Spencer ( @PROFSPENCER) of @UVALaw on being named the new dean of… https://t.co/326BOQhgc6@AmLawInstMay 20
- . @DukeLaw@DeanKerryAbrams shares her thoughts on how students assisted in the switch to remote learning on… https://t.co/de6DRzlzYl@AmLawInstMay 20