Paulette Brown Inducted into Fred David Gray Hall of Fame
At the National Bar Association’s 94th Annual Convention, Paulette Brown of Locke Lord was inducted into the NBA’s Fred David Gray Hall of Fame for her significant contributions to the cause of justice. Ms. Brown is renowned for her groundbreaking work on behalf of diversity and inclusion, professional achievements and community contributions.
Ms. Brown is a former President of the NBA and the first woman of color to lead the American Bar Association. Throughout her career, she has held a number of positions, including in-house counsel to a number of Fortune 500 companies and Municipal Court Judge.
Below is a video of Ms. Brown’s speech at ALI’s 93rd Annual Meeting in 2016 where she addressed the audience on the topic of “Reclaiming the Promise of ‘And Justice for All.’” In her speech, she praised the legal community’s efforts in increasing diversity and inclusion in the legal profession, and encouraged the lawyers in the room to continue efforts confronting implicit bias in the legal system. “As lawyers,” she maintained, “we must not only be up to the challenges of improving diversity and inclusion in the legal profession and confronting implicit bias in the justice system, but we must also lead the effort.”
- #TBT to last spring's Policing Principles project meeting with Reporter Barry Friedman, and project participants Sh… https://t.co/9yokqfxjEL@AmLawInstAug 22
- Listen now to “American Indian Law: When Two Sovereigns Collide” on #ReasonablySpeaking. In this episode Indian Law… https://t.co/E7PbjjsNqO@AmLawInstAug 21
- On August 19, California Governor Gavin Newsom signed AB 392 into law, enacting one of the strongest use-of-force l… https://t.co/d1q259bKDO@AmLawInstAug 21
- ALI member and former Solicitor General Michael Dreeben responds to a series of @SCOTUSblog tributes honoring his d… https://t.co/zFTpPGoiyC@AmLawInstAug 20
- ALI Director Richard L. Revesz addresses the role of Restatements in the Summer Edition of The ALI Reporter. Read… https://t.co/SEjnFVbx7X@AmLawInstAug 20