Policing, Racism, and the Law Webinar
On Thursday, June 11, Minnesota Law held a free webinar on “Policing, Racism, and the Law,” which featured discussion on current issues surrounding policing policy and racial injustice. Panelists include Minnesota Law Dean Garry W. Jenkins and Minnesota Law Professor Maria Ponomarenko, who serves as Associate Reporter for Principles of the Law, Policing.
From the event description,
Justice for Black Americans, people of color, marginalized groups, and for the America of our highest ideals will depend on all of us to work collaboratively to change institutions and practices so that equity and equality are fully realized. This discussion will focus on policing and the law in addition to exploring current realities, policy, and legal solutions to racial violence and bias in policing. It will feature Dean Garry Jenkins, Professor Susanna Blumenthal, Professor Perry Moriearty, Professor Maria Ponomarenko, and Nadine Graves with "We Are All Criminals."
Watch the full presentation here.
- Congratulations to @AshleyDeeks of @UVALaw and Francis Shen of @UofMNLawSchool, the 2021 co-recipients of ALI’s Ear… https://t.co/R5zdIfM8nj@AmLawInstMar 8
- #SCOTUS cites Restatement Second of Judgments in Pereida v. Wilkins, holding that “certain nonpermanent aliens seek… https://t.co/WQMK0pDtej@AmLawInstMar 5
- Written in collaboration with the late Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, ALI member @profamandatyler of @BerkeleyLaw has… https://t.co/0ESXqn5Llx@AmLawInstMar 4
- Learn more about our joint project with @ELI_Secretariat, Principles for a Data Economy, on the newly launched webs… https://t.co/qiRCkj6iCL@AmLawInstMar 4
- This Friday, March 5, the @bwln_nyu is hosting its 2021 symposium on Politics, Power, and Women’s Leadership. The e… https://t.co/ZiocMnsyC8@AmLawInstMar 4