Policing, Racism, and the Law Webinar
On Thursday, June 11, Minnesota Law held a free webinar on “Policing, Racism, and the Law,” which featured discussion on current issues surrounding policing policy and racial injustice. Panelists include Minnesota Law Dean Garry W. Jenkins and Minnesota Law Professor Maria Ponomarenko, who serves as Associate Reporter for Principles of the Law, Policing.
From the event description,
Justice for Black Americans, people of color, marginalized groups, and for the America of our highest ideals will depend on all of us to work collaboratively to change institutions and practices so that equity and equality are fully realized. This discussion will focus on policing and the law in addition to exploring current realities, policy, and legal solutions to racial violence and bias in policing. It will feature Dean Garry Jenkins, Professor Susanna Blumenthal, Professor Perry Moriearty, Professor Maria Ponomarenko, and Nadine Graves with "We Are All Criminals."
Watch the full presentation here.
- Now Recording: Ethics Issues Implicated in International Arbitration, an @ALI_CLE program featuring ALI Reporters G… https://t.co/BeTRt1oGL5@AmLawInstDec 1
- Earlier this year ALI launched an in-depth timeline on its website to share the story of the Institute. Visit… https://t.co/CoIAxADIRU@AmLawInstDec 1
- The North St. Paul-Maplewood-Oakdale School Board voted to name a new Maplewood elementary school in honor of ALI m… https://t.co/BKhhK5YWzx@AmLawInstDec 1
- #ICYMI – “MDLs Go Mainstream: Mass Torts Today,” on #ReasonablySpeaking. This episode features a panel of experts w… https://t.co/5OEpqnRaGS@AmLawInstNov 30
- Long weekend? Catch up on #ReasonablySpeaking, a podcast featuring legal experts on some of the most important topi… https://t.co/lbG1Op8SnG@AmLawInstNov 28