NYU Law Honors Contributions of Stephen Schulhofer
NYU School of Law hosted “Progress and Challenges in Criminal Justice and National Security” on April 26, an event which featured a series of panels honoring the academic contributions of Stephen J. Schulhofer.
Professor Schulhofer is one of the nation's most distinguished scholars of criminal justice. He has written more than fifty scholarly articles and six books, including the leading casebook in the field and highly regarded, widely cited work on a wide range of criminal justice topics. He currently serves as a Reporter for Model Penal Code: Sexual Assault and Related Offenses.
The panels covered topics such as plea bargaining and sentencing, race and policing, sexual assault, surveillance and national security, and criminal justice reform.
Other ALI members at the event included:
Michelle J. Anderson – Brooklyn College
Rachel E. Barkow – NYU School of Law
Deborah W. Denno – Fordham University School of Law
Gerard E. Lynch – U.S. Court of Appeals, Second Circuit
Anne M. Milgram – NYU School of Law
Jed S. Rakoff – U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
David Rudovsky - Kairys, Rudovsky, Messing, Feinberg & Lin
Geoffrey R. Stone – University of Chicago School of Law
Deborah Tuerkheimer – Northwestern University Pritzker School of Law
Michael Vitiello – University of the Pacific, McGeorge School of Law
Peter L. Zimroth – Arnold & Porter
View the full list of panels and panel participants here.
- In an effort to provide election administration officials with information regarding the implementation of proper p… https://t.co/ZHPVw1TvTv@AmLawInstMar 30
- ALI member Melinda Davis Lux joins @ucbi as its executive vice president, general counsel, and corporate secretary.… https://t.co/lGymw03pni@AmLawInstMar 30
- The Spring edition of 'The ALI Reporter' is now available. Read the full issue: https://t.co/qoMRcPTbC4https://t.co/mloYyejK92@AmLawInstMar 27
- On the 'Judgment Calls' podcast listen to @BolchJudicial Institute Director and ALI President David F. Levi in conv… https://t.co/Blx8I1h9fi@AmLawInstMar 27
- Stephen Huefner @OSU_law discusses ensuring fair representation for all voters and voting methods in ALI’s Principl… https://t.co/z0g0HwvRL2@AmLawInstMar 26