Property Works in Progress Conference
Boston University School of Law hosted a conference entitled “Property Works in Progress”.
The conference, held from Oct. 19-20, brought together leading property scholars invited to present and discuss papers on a variety of topics, including property theory, land use, takings, the history of property law and intellectual property. It featured seven panels devoted to the discussion of advanced “works in progress” and two roundtables on “early-stage” ideas.
Several ALI members participated by presenting their papers:
Eric R. Claeys of The Antonin Scalia Law School at George Mason University – “Property, Concepts, and Functions”
Hanoch Dagan of Tel Aviv University Faculty of Law – “A Liberal Theory of Property”
Thomas W. Merrill of Columbia Law School and Associate Reporter for Restatement of the Law Fourth, Property – “Choice of Law in Resolving Taking Claims”
Katrina M. Wyman of New York University School of Law – “The Return of Urban Environmental Law” (co-authored by Danielle Spiegel-Feld)
Read more here.
- Former ALI Director Herbert Wechsler argued the case New York Times v. Sullivan, establishing that damages for defa… https://t.co/Mc7wVym4xB@AmLawInstDec 3
- ALI member John C. Coffee Jr. @ColumbiaLaw has written “Corporate Crime and Punishment: The Crisis of Underenforcem… https://t.co/K6D44oyo7R@AmLawInstDec 3
- . @ColumbiaLaw recently profiled ALI member Debra Ann Livingston about her dual roles as professor and the first wom… https://t.co/oQoWClNEIh@AmLawInstDec 2
- Now Recording: Ethics Issues Implicated in International Arbitration, an @ALI_CLE program featuring ALI Reporters G… https://t.co/BeTRt1oGL5@AmLawInstDec 1
- Earlier this year ALI launched an in-depth timeline on its website to share the story of the Institute. Visit… https://t.co/CoIAxADIRU@AmLawInstDec 1