Property Works in Progress Conference
Boston University School of Law hosted a conference entitled “Property Works in Progress”.
The conference, held from Oct. 19-20, brought together leading property scholars invited to present and discuss papers on a variety of topics, including property theory, land use, takings, the history of property law and intellectual property. It featured seven panels devoted to the discussion of advanced “works in progress” and two roundtables on “early-stage” ideas.
Several ALI members participated by presenting their papers:
Eric R. Claeys of The Antonin Scalia Law School at George Mason University – “Property, Concepts, and Functions”
Hanoch Dagan of Tel Aviv University Faculty of Law – “A Liberal Theory of Property”
Thomas W. Merrill of Columbia Law School and Associate Reporter for Restatement of the Law Fourth, Property – “Choice of Law in Resolving Taking Claims”
Katrina M. Wyman of New York University School of Law – “The Return of Urban Environmental Law” (co-authored by Danielle Spiegel-Feld)
Read more here.
- Judge Jack Weinstein, 99, an ALI member for 50 years, died yesterday at his home in Great Neck, NY.… https://t.co/Xrk4QPVfKj@AmLawInstJun 16
- ALI Council member Ketanji Brown Jackson has been confirmed by the Senate to the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C.… https://t.co/6zcuQyDffx@AmLawInstJun 15
- Anton Hajjar was confirmed by the Senate to serve on the Postal Board of Governors, marking a full complement of go… https://t.co/znWUH9ZMY9@AmLawInstJun 14
- Linda Sheryl Greene is @UMichLaw’s new dean and MSU Foundation Professor of Law. https://t.co/uNExhBZVfmhttps://t.co/Sak9BzqSxD@AmLawInstJun 11
- This week marked the close of #ALI2021 Annual Meeting. #TBT to “Completing an ALI Project: Lessons from Reporters”… https://t.co/cG6Da7LQqH@AmLawInstJun 10