Richard Gergel on ‘Unexampled Courage’
Richard M. Gergel of the U.S. District Court for the District of South Carolina spoke to Duke Law students on Nov. 11 about his new book, Unexampled Courage: The Blinding of Sgt. Isaac Woodard and the Awakening of President Harry S. Truman and Judge J. Waties Waring, which was released early this year. The book tells the story of a Southern judge’s critical role in early civil rights history.
Judge Gergel also participated in a Q&A session, moderated by ALI President David F. Levi, following the presentation.
Watch a full video of the talk below.
- #AmericasTownHall continues with ALI member John S. Cooke of the Federal Judicial Center moderating a conversation… https://t.co/RejyFzm3ID@AmLawInstDec 5
- Christopher Slobogin of @vanderbiltlaw and @Laura_K_Donohue of @GeorgetownLaw join @RosenJeffrey for this morning's… https://t.co/ul6MWRNFoz@AmLawInstDec 5
- Today’s #AmericasTownHall discussion at the @ConstitutionCtr, “The Fourth Amendment and Privacy: Historical Perspec… https://t.co/FNNQiY7T9o@AmLawInstDec 5
- ALI member Randy Maniloff of @WhiteandWil recently authored a @WSJ piece in which he discussed several notable NFL… https://t.co/jKodsoZjqv@AmLawInstDec 4
- Watch ALI member Curtis Bradley discuss his latest book, "The Oxford Handbook of Comparative Foreign Relations Law"… https://t.co/e046P89ck8@AmLawInstDec 3