Richard Hasen Named CNN Election Law Analyst
Richard L. Hasen of UCI Law has been named an Election Law Analyst by CNN. In this role, Professor Hasen will appear on various CNN newscasts and television shows and offer analysis in CNN online stories related to the November U.S. Presidential Election through the end of the year, while continuing to serve on the faculty at UCI Law.
Earlier in the year, Professor Hasen released his latest book, Election Meltdown: Dirty Tricks, Distrust, and the Threat to American Democracy, a timely work which illustrates concrete steps that need to be taken to restore trust in American elections before the democratic process is completely undermined.
Additionally, Professor Hasen led an ad hoc committee made up of a diverse group of leading scholars and thinkers to tackle issues in election administration from an interdisciplinary perspective. In April, the committee released a report with 14 election recommendations in the areas of law, media, politics, and tech titled: “Fair Elections During a Crisis: Urgent Recommendations in Law, Media, Politics, and Tech to Advance the Legitimacy of, and the Public’s Confidence in, the November 2020 U.S. Elections.”
Professor Hasen served as an Adviser to ALI’s Principles of the Law, Election Administration: Non-Precinct Voting and Resolution of Ballot Counting Disputes, now available as an eBook, and currently serves as Reporter for a new ALI project, Restatement of the Law Third, Torts: Remedies.
Learn more here.
- Supreme Court of United Kingdom Cites Restatement of the Law, the U.S. Law of International Commercial and Investor… https://t.co/NE9ecRHrbu@AmLawInstAug 4
- The summer edition of The ALI Reporter is now available. https://t.co/Cir8RF9haQhttps://t.co/KksMpwqZit@AmLawInstAug 3
- Florencia Marotta-Wurgler of @nyulaw was quoted in the recent @nytimes article discussing Amazon's shift away from… https://t.co/YkulCIAhLV@AmLawInstAug 3
- Kenneth C. Frazier @merck will be honored by the @PHLBizJournal with the 2021 Diversity Leaders in Business Awards… https://t.co/jPoNzpEMAE@AmLawInstAug 2
- . @BandesSusan of @DePaulLaw was interviewed by @Law360 on her article “Empath and Remote Legal Proceedings” discuss… https://t.co/oB4452EN6H@AmLawInstJul 30