Scott Bales Reflects on His Time on the Bench
Chief Justice Scott Bales recently spoke on KJZZ, a listener-supported public radio station broadcasting to the Phoenix, Arizona area, regarding his decision to leave the bench and take on a new role as executive director of the Institute for the Advancement of the American Legal System at the University of Denver. IAALS is a national, independent research center dedicated to facilitating continuous improvement and advancing excellence in the American legal system.
In the interview, Chief Justice Bales sat down with host Steve Goldstein to discuss his law career and the current condition of Arizona’s judicial system before his last day on the Arizona Supreme Court on July 31.
Listen to the full interview here.
- #SCOTUS cites Restatement Second of Judgments in Pereida v. Wilkins, holding that “certain nonpermanent aliens seek… https://t.co/WQMK0pDtej@AmLawInstMar 5
- Written in collaboration with the late Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, ALI member @profamandatyler of @BerkeleyLaw has… https://t.co/0ESXqn5Llx@AmLawInstMar 4
- Learn more about our joint project with @ELI_Secretariat, Principles for a Data Economy, on the newly launched webs… https://t.co/qiRCkj6iCL@AmLawInstMar 4
- This Friday, March 5, the @bwln_nyu is hosting its 2021 symposium on Politics, Power, and Women’s Leadership. The e… https://t.co/ZiocMnsyC8@AmLawInstMar 4
- ALI member @brandonlgarrett of @DukeLaw has written “Autopsy of a Crime Lab: Exposing the Flaws in Forensics.” The… https://t.co/VD0Lq4LNUi@AmLawInstMar 3