Sheila Birnbaum to Receive Weinfeld Award
On April 4, ALI Council Emeritus Sheila L. Birnbaum of Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan will be presented with the Judge Edward Weinfeld Award by NYU School of Law. The award, established in memory of Edward Weinfeld, who was president of the NYU School of Law’s board of trustees from 1973 to 1988, recognizes the professional distinction of alumni who graduated from the Law School 50 years ago or more. Judge Weinfeld of the Southern District Court of New York served for nearly four decades and was the oldest active federal district judge in the country when he passed.
Prior to becoming a partner at Quinn Emanuel, Ms. Birnbaum was a partner at Skadden Arps, and before that, she served as counsel to the firm while she was a professor of law and associate dean at NYU School of Law. In 2008, Ms. Birnbaum was honored at NYU’s Law Alumni Association Awards with the Vanderbilt Medal, the highest honor bestowed on an alumnus of the NYU School of Law.
Ms. Birnbaum will receive the award at the Weinfeld Gala, held at The Whitney Museum of American Art.
- In remembrance of the late John Paul Stevens – Watch Justice Stevens in conversation with his former clerk, and ALI… https://t.co/YsRgWgBW5u@AmLawInstJul 19
- In our most recent episode of #ReasonablySpeaking, former U.S. Solicitor General Paul Clement @Kirkland_Ellis refle… https://t.co/M0FgyYq3kR@AmLawInstJul 19
- Congratulations to ALI member Dr. Heath P. Tarbert on beginning his term as 14th Chairman of @CFTC. Learn more:… https://t.co/edEQRIVUG4@AmLawInstJul 18
- Out now: Part II of “May It Please the Court” with Paul Clement. Check out Part I with Nicole Saharsky, Seth Waxman… https://t.co/S3C9EHGvmj@AmLawInstJul 18
- ALI Council member Jeffrey Sutton was recently featured on @Gladwell’s podcast Revisionist History. Judge Sutton di… https://t.co/VUNPWHwSYO@AmLawInstJul 18