Sheila Birnbaum to Receive Weinfeld Award
On April 4, ALI Council Emeritus Sheila L. Birnbaum of Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan will be presented with the Judge Edward Weinfeld Award by NYU School of Law. The award, established in memory of Edward Weinfeld, who was president of the NYU School of Law’s board of trustees from 1973 to 1988, recognizes the professional distinction of alumni who graduated from the Law School 50 years ago or more. Judge Weinfeld of the Southern District Court of New York served for nearly four decades and was the oldest active federal district judge in the country when he passed.
Prior to becoming a partner at Quinn Emanuel, Ms. Birnbaum was a partner at Skadden Arps, and before that, she served as counsel to the firm while she was a professor of law and associate dean at NYU School of Law. In 2008, Ms. Birnbaum was honored at NYU’s Law Alumni Association Awards with the Vanderbilt Medal, the highest honor bestowed on an alumnus of the NYU School of Law.
Ms. Birnbaum will receive the award at the Weinfeld Gala, held at The Whitney Museum of American Art.
- All ALI members and amazing leaders in the law school community. https://t.co/a7xpepkqmr@AmLawInstAug 3
- ALI member Laura E. Gómez of @UCLA_Law has written a new book, “Inventing Latinos: A New Story of American Racism.”… https://t.co/BWWHwVW5M2@AmLawInstJul 31
- #FBF to “Coping with COVID: Legal Services Organizations on the Frontlines” on #ReasonablySpeaking. @NLSLA Executiv… https://t.co/iPVZQjgDoY@AmLawInstJul 31
- Read now: A review and recommendation for ALI member Judge Raymond M. Kethledge’s book "Lead Yourself First" (co-au… https://t.co/cWIDCYfEnL@AmLawInstJul 30
- Coming soon: The latest episode of #ReasonablySpeaking produced jointly by @BolchJudicial of @DukeLaw brings togeth… https://t.co/n1kEuVVjXV@AmLawInstJul 29