Shoba Sivaprasad Wadhia Recognized for Community Leadership
Shoba Sivaprasad Wadhia of Penn State Law is the recipient of the Centre Foundation’s Mimi Barash Coppersmith Women in Leadership Award. This award is given to women who have made a significant impact on the community through their leadership.
“I feel honored and humbled to receive this award,” said Wadhia in the announcement. “I admire and collaborate with so many leaders in the community and what is equally important is the courage and resilience I see in the community members and clients I have had the honor of serving and helping a small way. This award also feels special upon a realization that so much of the work is both hard and challenging, but also is ultimately local. The visibility and meaning of this award is special and one that belongs to so many.”
Wadhia is Penn State Law’s associate dean for diversity, equity, and inclusion. She is also the founder and director of the Center for Immigrants’ Rights Clinic, where she works with students in the areas of community outreach, legal support in individual immigration work, and policy work for institutional clients.
- Effective July 1, Norman M. Powell @YoungConaway will be executive director of @pennlaw's Institute for Law & Econo… https://t.co/cG8hWlHDyP@AmLawInstMar 31
- Ketanji Brown Jackson of #SCOTUS will give the 2023 commencement address at @BU_Law this May.… https://t.co/NKzlgIjpnx@AmLawInstMar 30
- The American Law Institute announces Early Career Scholars: Leah Litman @UMichLaw and Crystal S. Yang @Harvard_Law.… https://t.co/5w6SC60lmr@AmLawInstMar 29
- The spring edition of The ALI Reporter is now available: https://t.co/qZuW19pXbxhttps://t.co/zIB1Nm4Y2W@AmLawInstMar 29
- Roberta Liebenberg of Fine, Kaplan and Black received the 2023 Learned Hand Award from the Philadelphia/Southern Ne… https://t.co/3WYFqKUKVY@AmLawInstMar 24