Statement from ALI President David F. Levi
Because we are first and foremost a rule of law organization, the appalling violence yesterday in Washington, D.C., causes us deep shock and dismay. The effort to disrupt and upend the peaceful transfer of power from one administration to another should receive our strongest condemnation.
All of us can play some part in protecting and defending our Constitution. While we may have different views on what the country needs, members of the ALI must be united in a commitment to democratic and constitutional processes, equal justice under law, and a sense of decency that must lie at the heart of any justice system worthy of the name.
I send best wishes to each of you, with fervent hopes for a better 2021 for our country and for all of us.
- Don't miss this important conversation with ALI member @rickhasen, today @ 5pm ET. https://t.co/TNvW79KnS0@AmLawInstJan 19
- ALI member @DanielSolove of @gwlaw has written “The Eyemonger,” a newly illustrated children’s book that discusses… https://t.co/vX0iK1MoYK@AmLawInstJan 15
- #ICYMI – "The U.S. Presidency: Looking Forward," is now available on #ReasonablySpeaking. In this timely episode sc… https://t.co/jK7Q4mtF29@AmLawInstJan 15
- Now on #ReasonablySpeaking, "The U.S. Presidency: Looking Forward." From the new series, #BeyondCOVID, jointly prod… https://t.co/XeLJWgbWiS@AmLawInstJan 14
- Make sure to check out this special edition honoring ALI Council member Diane P. Wood of the U.S. Court of Appeals… https://t.co/0gs41NHlwC@AmLawInstJan 13