Statement from ALI President David F. Levi
Because we are first and foremost a rule of law organization, the appalling violence yesterday in Washington, D.C., causes us deep shock and dismay. The effort to disrupt and upend the peaceful transfer of power from one administration to another should receive our strongest condemnation.
All of us can play some part in protecting and defending our Constitution. While we may have different views on what the country needs, members of the ALI must be united in a commitment to democratic and constitutional processes, equal justice under law, and a sense of decency that must lie at the heart of any justice system worthy of the name.
I send best wishes to each of you, with fervent hopes for a better 2021 for our country and for all of us.
- Tom Baker @pennlaw was interviewed by @THR for an article discussing Covid-19 insurance claims and the ongoing lega… https://t.co/fX4Z0g0892@AmLawInstJul 1
- . @HighPointU has announced that Mark D. Martin will serve as the founding dean of HPU’s School of Law.… https://t.co/lRp4RaZGTJ@AmLawInstJun 29
- ALI Council member @DonaldAyer6 appeared on @SkullduggeryPod to discuss the #SCOTUS decision in Dobbs v. Jackson Wo… https://t.co/gXFKpe3Bp7@AmLawInstJun 28
- . @rickhasen appeared on the @ConstitutionCtr podcast ‘We The People’ to discuss three election law cases and their… https://t.co/D8BCXEaRPB@AmLawInstJun 27
- . @michelebgoodwin gave the keynote speech at @ACLU_SoCal 2022 Advocates For Justice awards, which honors firms and… https://t.co/n7bn91aQBW@AmLawInstJun 22