Sundaresh Menon Delivers 2018-2019 Bernstein Lecture
Sundaresh Menon, Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Singapore, delivered the 2018-2019 Bernstein Lecture in Comparative Law titled "Executive Power: Rethinking the Modalities of Control" on November 1 at Duke Law School. Chief Justice Menon discussed the control of executive power in Singapore as compared to other legal systems.
The Annual Bernstein Lecture in Comparative Law began in 2002 and honors the many contributions to Duke Law School and to the legal community made by the late Professor Bernstein.
Chief Justice Menon was also a guest speaker at ALI’s 93rd Annual Meeting. Watch the video of his remarks.
- #TBT to last spring's Policing Principles project meeting with Reporter Barry Friedman, and project participants Sh… https://t.co/9yokqfxjEL@AmLawInstAug 22
- Listen now to “American Indian Law: When Two Sovereigns Collide” on #ReasonablySpeaking. In this episode Indian Law… https://t.co/E7PbjjsNqO@AmLawInstAug 21
- On August 19, California Governor Gavin Newsom signed AB 392 into law, enacting one of the strongest use-of-force l… https://t.co/d1q259bKDO@AmLawInstAug 21
- ALI member and former Solicitor General Michael Dreeben responds to a series of @SCOTUSblog tributes honoring his d… https://t.co/zFTpPGoiyC@AmLawInstAug 20
- ALI Director Richard L. Revesz addresses the role of Restatements in the Summer Edition of The ALI Reporter. Read… https://t.co/SEjnFVbx7X@AmLawInstAug 20