Sundaresh Menon Delivers 2018-2019 Bernstein Lecture
Sundaresh Menon, Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Singapore, delivered the 2018-2019 Bernstein Lecture in Comparative Law titled "Executive Power: Rethinking the Modalities of Control" on November 1 at Duke Law School. Chief Justice Menon discussed the control of executive power in Singapore as compared to other legal systems.
The Annual Bernstein Lecture in Comparative Law began in 2002 and honors the many contributions to Duke Law School and to the legal community made by the late Professor Bernstein.
Chief Justice Menon was also a guest speaker at ALI’s 93rd Annual Meeting. Watch the video of his remarks.
- An amazing group of women – all of whom are also members of the Institute! https://t.co/ahbfHKPafN@AmLawInstFeb 21
- ALI member @Nedfoley of @OSU_Law has published a new book – Presidential Elections and Majority Rule: The Rise, Dem… https://t.co/kOrZxJziC5@AmLawInstFeb 21
- “A courtship four decades in the making: they met when Jimmy Carter tapped them for bench, wed 25 years later” —… https://t.co/en3G21HIom@AmLawInstFeb 20
- ALI member Michael Dreeben was recently interviewed in piece for @lawdotcom about his transition to partner at… https://t.co/Y9EwuS3lY2@AmLawInstFeb 14
- ALI member Catharine A. MacKinnon of @UMichLaw recently delivered the McCorkle Lecture on “The First Amendment: An… https://t.co/bZg4kXlvpb@AmLawInstFeb 13