Sundaresh Menon Delivers 2018-2019 Bernstein Lecture
Sundaresh Menon, Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Singapore, delivered the 2018-2019 Bernstein Lecture in Comparative Law titled "Executive Power: Rethinking the Modalities of Control" on November 1 at Duke Law School. Chief Justice Menon discussed the control of executive power in Singapore as compared to other legal systems.
The Annual Bernstein Lecture in Comparative Law began in 2002 and honors the many contributions to Duke Law School and to the legal community made by the late Professor Bernstein.
Chief Justice Menon was also a guest speaker at ALI’s 93rd Annual Meeting. Watch the video of his remarks.
- On the ALI Adviser: This Essay aims to translate federal Indian law and the success of McGirt in order to demonstra… https://t.co/1iJjla9hFY@AmLawInstSep 26
- . @MasonLEC ‘Civil Justice Preview of the Supreme Court’s 2021-2022 Term’ is happening now. John Beisner… https://t.co/EKA4zXjxQv@AmLawInstSep 24
- Michael E. Keasler, retired judge of the @TxCourts of Criminal Appeals, is the 2021 recipient of the… https://t.co/a8MKiXeHVt@AmLawInstSep 24
- Watch ALI President David F. Levi's remarks honoring ALI Council Emeritus Mary Kay Kane. https://t.co/4cyEalC82X@AmLawInstSep 24
- . @POTUS has nominated Kristin N. Johnson @EmoryLaw for Commissioner of @CFTC. https://t.co/B0AhHmHlhbhttps://t.co/HDFvKnG3iZ@AmLawInstSep 23