Sundaresh Menon Delivers 2018-2019 Bernstein Lecture
Sundaresh Menon, Chief Justice of the Supreme Court of Singapore, delivered the 2018-2019 Bernstein Lecture in Comparative Law titled "Executive Power: Rethinking the Modalities of Control" on November 1 at Duke Law School. Chief Justice Menon discussed the control of executive power in Singapore as compared to other legal systems.
The Annual Bernstein Lecture in Comparative Law began in 2002 and honors the many contributions to Duke Law School and to the legal community made by the late Professor Bernstein.
Chief Justice Menon was also a guest speaker at ALI’s 93rd Annual Meeting. Watch the video of his remarks.
- Day 2 of ALI’s Council meeting includes discussions on two projects: Restatement of Children and the Law and Model… https://t.co/vg9g5QWfC0@AmLawInstOct 18
- In this interview from @NewsHour, @IAmAmnaNawaz discusses police training, race, and use of force with Seth Stought… https://t.co/mh1iSRbQI8@AmLawInstOct 18
- . @ConstitutionCtr and @GWLawReview recently hosted a symposium where federal judges shared how their #SCOTUS clerks… https://t.co/zQyNksE9An@AmLawInstOct 17
- Today is Day 1 of ALI’s Council meeting in New York, which includes the discussion of five projects: Campus Sexual… https://t.co/SrJEHyVCrH@AmLawInstOct 17
- ALI member Herman Schwartz was recently honored with a symposium hosted by @AUWCL highlighting his contributions to… https://t.co/eYkDRibgmo@AmLawInstOct 15