Tennessee Tribune Names David Williams Tennessean of the Year
David Williams II, Vice Chancellor for Athletics and University Affairs and Athletics Director, has been named 2017 Man of the Year by The Tennessee Tribune for his influence and leadership at Vanderbilt University.
“David Williams has made Vanderbilt Athletics a national model by building a successful athletics program grounded in robust and rigorous academics. Through his leadership and vision, Vanderbilt student-athletes participate fully in Vanderbilt’s rich academic experience and living-learning community,” Vanderbilt University Chancellor Nicholas S. Zeppos said in a university announcement. “He has accomplished this while simultaneously making Vanderbilt extremely competitive nationally across all of its sports. We congratulate David on this well-deserved recognition and are deeply grateful for his continued service to the university.”
Mr. Williams was named vice chancellor, general counsel and secretary of Vanderbilt in 2000, and previously oversaw Vanderbilt student affairs. Currently, he helps shape both Vanderbilt’s academic and athletic policies. He is also professor at the law school, where he teaches tax law, sports law, and education law.
His contributions to Vanderbilt include making the school one of the leaders in college sports for giving minority coaches employment opportunities and being heavily involved in the academic end of NCAA sports.
Read the full Tennessean Tribune article.
- Learn more about "Extraction: Art on the Edge of the Abyss, Preview of a Glorious Ruckus" by Michael Traynor… https://t.co/m6AD3iVhlw@AmLawInstDec 13
- Our fall project season has come to a close but that doesn’t mean work has stopped. Reporters are still hard at wor… https://t.co/gAP1oqKrYl@AmLawInstDec 13
- Quote from Neil B. Cohen @brooklynlaw at ALI91 upon receiving the Wisdom Award. #WednesdayWisdom Watch a video o… https://t.co/VOVMN9ABbL@AmLawInstDec 12
- Foreign Relations Law Adviser Christopher Whytock @UCILaw discusses International Law, world politics, and more on… https://t.co/aPcBO3vffy@AmLawInstDec 12
- The Winter edition of The ALI Reporter is now available. This issue includes project updates from ALI's fall projec… https://t.co/Kza6smPQCn@AmLawInstDec 12