Texas Law Review Centennial Celebration
On March 26, The Texas Law Review (TLR) hosted its Centennial Year Banquet, bringing together TLR alumni from over 60 volumes.
The banquet included Legal Giants – TLR Heroes, a series honoring TLR alumni that have left significant impressions in the legal field. This year’s honorees included Diane P. Wood of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit and deceased ALI members W. Page Keeton (Adviser to the Restatement of the Law Second, Torts), Stephen D. Susman (founder of the Texas Law Review Association), and Charles Alan Wright (ALI President 1993-2000).
Ward Farnsworth, dean of University of Texas School of Law, provided welcome remarks and Mark G. Yudof, former dean of Texas Law, was the keynote speaker. Hugh Rice Kelly of Texans for Lawsuit Reform gave a speech in recognition of TLR Volume 50, for which he served as editor in chief, and Gregg Costa of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit and immediate past president of the Texas Law Review Association provided closing remarks.
Learn more about the centennial celebration on TLR’s website.
The below video celebrates Diane Wood’s professional journey and includes commentary from ALI Director Richard L. Revesz of NYU Law, David A. Strauss of University of Chicago Law School, and Amy J. St. Eve of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit.
- #SCOTUS held a special session to honor the late Associate Justice John Paul Stevens with ALI members participating… https://t.co/It2KYhNd4U@AmLawInstMay 23
- Thomas W. Merrill @ColumbiaLaw has authored ‘The Chevron Doctrine: Its Rise and Fall, and the Future of the Adminis… https://t.co/RZoIgyLHO1@AmLawInstMay 20
- In its upcoming annual symposium, the Brooklyn Journal of Corporate, Financial, & Commercial Law will celebrate the… https://t.co/iNUpUGC0mD@AmLawInstMay 19
- That’s a wrap for the #ALI2022 Annual Meeting. Thank you to our members, Reporters, and project participants for th… https://t.co/cO9iCqx2lf@AmLawInstMay 18
- The final project of #ALI2022 Annual Meeting is Torts: Remedies. In this video, Reporters Douglas Laycock and Richa… https://t.co/P0b1vC8490@AmLawInstMay 18