Video: 100th Anniversary of the 19th Amendment
This August marks the 100th anniversary of the ratification of the 19th Amendment. The video below, featuring Renee Knake Jefferson of University of Houston Law Center and M. Margaret McKeown of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, explores the road to the 19th Amendment, the various factors that played a role in women’s suffrage, including race and geography, and what lessons can be learned from its ratification as America continues moving forward on the road to equality for women.
- Since 1942, ALI and the @uniformlaws have worked together to ensure that the UCC allows businesses to grow and the… https://t.co/5kE7XjxP5B@AmLawInstOct 26
- William H. Henning @TAMULawSchool has been appointed to Texas’ Work Group on Blockchain Matters to develop a plan f… https://t.co/pNmhHl2nmo@AmLawInstOct 26
- ALI member Chris Hoofnagle @Hoofnagle will be the next Faculty Director of @CLTC. https://t.co/OcJ02N92Iu… https://t.co/imtWJQyogw@AmLawInstOct 25
- Non-fungible tokens—or NFTs, as they are better known—have taken the world by storm. ALI members Juliet M. Moringie… https://t.co/6bCDQUfQ8N@AmLawInstOct 23
- . @UCLA_Law has established the ‘Program on Philanthropy and Nonprofits,’ with Reporter for Restatement of the Law,… https://t.co/UOGp01sbHL@AmLawInstOct 22