Video: 100th Anniversary of the 19th Amendment
This August marks the 100th anniversary of the ratification of the 19th Amendment. The video below, featuring Renee Knake Jefferson of University of Houston Law Center and M. Margaret McKeown of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, explores the road to the 19th Amendment, the various factors that played a role in women’s suffrage, including race and geography, and what lessons can be learned from its ratification as America continues moving forward on the road to equality for women.
- This month, @DukeLaw welcomes ALI member Jacqueline Nguyen of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit as part… https://t.co/NWpnWoZUSx@AmLawInstFeb 25
- ALI member @daniellecitron was recently interviewed by @UVALaw about her work in #cybersecurity and digital privacy… https://t.co/rwELfXVC2O@AmLawInstFeb 24
- Today is our 98th birthday! Learn more about our history and the story of our founding by visiting… https://t.co/CTTPxIyF5P@AmLawInstFeb 23
- Tune in to this episode of @UVALaw's "Common Law" podcast to hear ALI members @NaomiCahn, @RisaGoluboff, and… https://t.co/M90tgRzwbA@AmLawInstFeb 23
- ALI member Vincent Rougeau has been named the next president of @holy_cross, effective July 1.… https://t.co/SDPEAjCd6L@AmLawInstFeb 23