Video: 100th Anniversary of the 19th Amendment
This August marks the 100th anniversary of the ratification of the 19th Amendment. The video below, featuring Renee Knake Jefferson of University of Houston Law Center and M. Margaret McKeown of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, explores the road to the 19th Amendment, the various factors that played a role in women’s suffrage, including race and geography, and what lessons can be learned from its ratification as America continues moving forward on the road to equality for women.
- All ALI members and amazing leaders in the law school community. https://t.co/a7xpepkqmr@AmLawInstAug 3
- ALI member Laura E. Gómez of @UCLA_Law has written a new book, “Inventing Latinos: A New Story of American Racism.”… https://t.co/BWWHwVW5M2@AmLawInstJul 31
- #FBF to “Coping with COVID: Legal Services Organizations on the Frontlines” on #ReasonablySpeaking. @NLSLA Executiv… https://t.co/iPVZQjgDoY@AmLawInstJul 31
- Read now: A review and recommendation for ALI member Judge Raymond M. Kethledge’s book "Lead Yourself First" (co-au… https://t.co/cWIDCYfEnL@AmLawInstJul 30
- Coming soon: The latest episode of #ReasonablySpeaking produced jointly by @BolchJudicial of @DukeLaw brings togeth… https://t.co/n1kEuVVjXV@AmLawInstJul 29