Video: 100th Anniversary of the 19th Amendment
This August marks the 100th anniversary of the ratification of the 19th Amendment. The video below, featuring Renee Knake Jefferson of University of Houston Law Center and M. Margaret McKeown of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, explores the road to the 19th Amendment, the various factors that played a role in women’s suffrage, including race and geography, and what lessons can be learned from its ratification as America continues moving forward on the road to equality for women.
- Register now for tomorrow’s #COVID19 and the Courts event, featuring ALI members Erwin Chemerinsky, James Anderson,… https://t.co/iTFeWFbiGJ@AmLawInstSep 30
- . @ASUCollegeOfLaw has announced the creation of the Jonathan and Wendy Rose Professorship, in honor of ALI member J… https://t.co/eR88cE7II3@AmLawInstSep 30
- It's #InternationalPodcastDay and you can celebrate by listening to the first episode of #ReasonablySpeaking, Seaso… https://t.co/OnlGp2yKFT@AmLawInstSep 30
- Now Streaming on #ReasonablySpeaking – “Election 2020: When Are Results Official and What Happens if Results Are Di… https://t.co/E2rVQoL8Kh@AmLawInstSep 29
- Available now, “The Restatement and Beyond: The Past, Present, and Future of U.S. Foreign Relations Law.” Edited by… https://t.co/hrjii8dsYT@AmLawInstSep 24