Video: 100th Anniversary of the 19th Amendment
This August marks the 100th anniversary of the ratification of the 19th Amendment. The video below, featuring Renee Knake Jefferson of University of Houston Law Center and M. Margaret McKeown of the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, explores the road to the 19th Amendment, the various factors that played a role in women’s suffrage, including race and geography, and what lessons can be learned from its ratification as America continues moving forward on the road to equality for women.
- ALI member Linda S. Greene has been selected as dean of MSU College of Law. https://t.co/TvgztVrVrmhttps://t.co/CBoaKOY1ZR@AmLawInstJan 21
- Be sure to check out the return of @UVALaw's "Common Law" podcast on Jan. 26. This season will feature a number of… https://t.co/iN8VfPBluY@AmLawInstJan 21
- Our Council meeting begins today with continued work on ALI–ELI Principles for a Data Economy - Data Rights and Tra… https://t.co/COL3RJ5RNe@AmLawInstJan 21
- Don't miss this important conversation with ALI member @rickhasen, today @ 5pm ET. https://t.co/TNvW79KnS0@AmLawInstJan 19
- ALI member @DanielSolove of @gwlaw has written “The Eyemonger,” a newly illustrated children’s book that discusses… https://t.co/vX0iK1MoYK@AmLawInstJan 15