Virtual Book Launch for ‘Perchance to Dream’ by Michael Olivas
Perchance to Dream: A Legal and Political History of the DREAM Act and DACA by Michael A. Olivas of the University of Houston Law Center will be highlighted in a virtual book launch on April 10, hosted by NYU School of Law.
Perchance to DREAM is the first comprehensive history of the DREAM Act, which made its initial congressional appearance in 2001, and Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA), the discretionary program established by President Obama in 2012 out of Congressional failure to enact comprehensive immigration reform. Michael A. Olivas relates the history of the DREAM Act and DACA over the course of two decades.
The event will be livestreamed via Zoom and will feature an introduction by fellow NYU Press author and Penn State Law Professor Shoba Sivaprasad Wadhia.
Learn more and stream the event here.
- ALI Council's Jan. meeting finishes today. In order for any portion of a project draft to be fully approved and the… https://t.co/D18iI9TSd1@AmLawInstJan 21
- In one week, ALI member Kristin Nicole Henning @GeorgetownLaw will discuss her book 'The Rage of Innocence: How Ame… https://t.co/ZdW9Inv0Sa@AmLawInstJan 21
- Patricia Lee Refo @SWLawNews was awarded the Medal of Honor from @worldjurist for her work promoting the rule of la… https://t.co/GIReq0oFJH@AmLawInstJan 21
- Today's ALI Council meeting includes project discussions on Model Penal Code: Sexual Assault, Policing, Property,… https://t.co/usrEXqSOHJ@AmLawInstJan 20
- M. Elizabeth Magill has been nominated as the ninth president of @penn. A full vote on Magill’s nomination will tak… https://t.co/ZFtjJhNPAp@AmLawInstJan 20