William T. Coleman Jr.: The Annotated Bobblehead
The Green Bag has released a new bobblehead in honor of the late William (Bill) T. Coleman Jr. These bobbleheads honor notable features in legal history. Originally, the bobbleheads primarily presented U.S. Supreme Court Justices. Recently, The Green Bag began making bobbleheads honoring non-Justices — first Belva Ann Lockwood, then a young Thurgood Marshall, and now William T. Coleman.
Mr. Coleman left behind an amazing legacy. A senior partner and the Senior Counselor of the law firm of O’Melveny & Myers in its Washington, DC, office, he was a main architect of the legal strategy leading to Brown v. Board of Education and the desegregation of schools and other public facilities throughout the United States. For almost 70 years he played a leading role in the effort to give reality to the principle of equality under law.
Mr. Coleman was elected to ALI in 1963 and then its Council in 1969, taking Council Emeritus status in 2008. In 2000, the Institute presented him with the Henry J. Friendly Medal for his outstanding contributions to the law in the tradition of the late Judge Friendly and the Institute.
A full photo library of past bobbleheads can be viewed here. Prototypes of the bobblehead Justices (and samples of production versions) are archived at the Lillian Goldman Law Library at the Yale Law School.
- . @UWMadison recently released preliminary findings from the 2019 @AAUniversities Campus Climate Survey on Sexual As… https://t.co/mW4Fwq21S8@AmLawInstOct 23
- In Parkinson v. Bevis, 2019 WL 4266089 (Idaho Sept. 10, 2019), the Supreme Court of Idaho adopts Restatement of the… https://t.co/H0JfTtAxSw@AmLawInstOct 23
- . @ConstitutionCtr and @GWLawReview recently hosted a symposium where federal judges shared how their #SCOTUS clerks… https://t.co/63bAZTGh4w@AmLawInstOct 22
- Nicole A. Saharsky of @Mayer_Brown recently featured on an episode of Legal Speak ( @lawdotcom) where she shared her… https://t.co/dpT3J56E6y@AmLawInstOct 22
- Congratulations to our 50 newly elected members. We are thrilled to welcome this new group who will bring their exp… https://t.co/SroGmh3D00@AmLawInstOct 21