Chris Odinet on Fintech and Nonbank Mortgage Servicers
A Morning Consult article details the developments in the housing market over the past year that have enabled nonbank and fintech mortgage companies, financial institutions that offer bank related lending services, to grow their market share. The end of forbearance protections, however, presents a challenge for these institutions.
“Some of these servicers are not prepared and haven’t been prepared financially for the wave of loan modification requests that are going to be inevitable at the end of the foreclosure moratorium,” said Christopher K. Odinet of the University of Iowa College of Law.
Odinet specializes in commercial/consumer finance and real estate with an emphasis on mortgage lending and financial regulation.
- On the ALI Adviser: This Essay aims to translate federal Indian law and the success of McGirt in order to demonstra… https://t.co/1iJjla9hFY@AmLawInstSep 26
- . @MasonLEC ‘Civil Justice Preview of the Supreme Court’s 2021-2022 Term’ is happening now. John Beisner… https://t.co/EKA4zXjxQv@AmLawInstSep 24
- Michael E. Keasler, retired judge of the @TxCourts of Criminal Appeals, is the 2021 recipient of the… https://t.co/a8MKiXeHVt@AmLawInstSep 24
- Watch ALI President David F. Levi's remarks honoring ALI Council Emeritus Mary Kay Kane. https://t.co/4cyEalC82X@AmLawInstSep 24
- . @POTUS has nominated Kristin N. Johnson @EmoryLaw for Commissioner of @CFTC. https://t.co/B0AhHmHlhbhttps://t.co/HDFvKnG3iZ@AmLawInstSep 23