Drexel’s Thomas R. Kline School of Law Celebrates 10th Anniversary
The Thomas R. Kline School of Law welcomed its 10th class in August, marking a milestone anniversary that will be observed throughout the 2016-17 academic year at Drexel University.
Since opening in 2006, the Kline School of Law has been a pioneering force in the legal academy, combining theory and practice in new and innovative ways to ensure that students gain intensive experience in professional practice prior to graduating.
There will be a number of events held over the course of the academic year in celebration of the school’s 10th anniversary.
“The transformative $50 million gift from Thomas R. Kline, who is noted among the nation’s most respected trial lawyers, serves as an affirmation of the school’s success as well as an inspiration for future growth,” said Founding Dean, and ALI member, Roger Dennis. “The development of the Thomas R. Kline Institute of Trial Advocacy, that will be located in the restored 1916 Horace Trumbauer-designed building, located just footsteps away from Philadelphia’s legal community, is a testament to our commitment to growth and excellence.”
Kline Institute of Trial Advocacy will significantly enhance the law school’s activities. It will advance courtroom simulation for the JD program and co-curricular programming and will create a new platform for faculty interaction with students who undertake advocacy-based co-ops and clinical work. Additionally, it will support the development of post-graduate LLM and continuing legal education trial and appellate advocacy programs.
Kline faculty members are the authors of numerous books published by leading scholarly publishers, with articles appearing in the nation’s most prestigious legal journals. Their insights on legal matters frequently appear in major national and international news outlets. In addition to Dean Dennis, Professor Amelia H. Boss serves on ALI’s Council and Professor Alex C. Geisinger serves on the Members Consultative Group for ALI’s Intentional Torts project.
- Kenneth Frazier’s New York Times Interview https://t.co/f9XT9VXU9t@AmLawInstFeb 22
- Supporting graduate student survivors of sexual misconduct https://t.co/oa92ZVfYl0@AmLawInstFeb 22
- Not-for-Profit Compliance: Doing More With Less - The ALI Adviser https://t.co/XzdaMdn9jV@AmLawInstFeb 21
- Kenneth Gallant Named Ben J. Altheimer Professor of Law https://t.co/vdoYiOXsUe@AmLawInstFeb 21
- The 95th Annual Meeting will be held at The Ritz-Carlton in Washington, DC. May 21-23 https://t.co/l1prITxrUjhttps://t.co/bMHbCATDHp@AmLawInstFeb 15